• Show
Clear All

Papier mache pots might be possible?

Comment

Like fibre pots?
      https://www.portonaquapet.co.uk/shop...BoCXzQQAvD_BwE
      https://www.twowests.co.uk/jiffy-pot...hoCg_gQAvD_BwE

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I asked Jiffy about their Jiffy-7 pellets and this is the reply
        The jiffy-7 pellets start to degrade once planted. The time depends on several factors including temperature and moisture in the ground. As they are generally planted in the spring/ summer and are normally irrigated this process should start to happen straight away. It is difficult to say how long they they will take to Degrade but should take a few months.
        If you need more help please ask
        Robert Strangward Jiffygroup

Of course BandQ May be using a different brand of pellet made with different materials. If you contact them with your concerns they may be able to answer your questions.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
          How many plant plugs can a plant pot replace if a plant plug could replace pots.
          That's easy for you to say.

Comment

Hi all. Thanks for your input. Yes I have to agree the plugs are way way better than pots and very efficient and no doubt cost effective. One reply mentioned putting the contents of my baskets and pots into my raised beds wasn't really composting. But I didn't just empty. I should have been more specific in my thread.
            Sorry to disagree but I found it far better..I chop pull apart and reduce the contents and did pull apart some though not all of the plug bags.Then dig small trenches across. It went in with veg waste ( the odd whole vegetable) from the kitchen and I covered it with cardboard and soil and a membrane. Everything's absolutely gone.works incredibly well on raised beds. Bar the plug fabric. I did stop putting other than the contents of tea bags on compost heap. You all raise some really. good points and I'll look into it further. .

I put some in my bins last year and on emptying them its still very much in tact.
            I will ask B&Q what the bags are made of though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X