Plants in hedge ID help please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickdub View Post
    Agree with you fully on that VC - it was the nearest I could get to the flower - I'm not sure which bit of the undergrowth is the foliage that goes with it either, which would have helped the id :-)
    I didn't know which leaf belonged either.
    Next time, Jimny, can we have a leaf as well as a flower, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimny14 View Post
      unfortunately it seems to be monks hood,
      Not the time to find out you've got a poisonous plant in your garden smack next to the lawn, we're hosting our daughters christening tomorrow with bouncy castle etc and a good selection of toddlers. Looks like I can add dig out plant to my plan for the near future, shame because it is pretty but right on the boarder of the back lawn is the wrong place.
      Jimmy, I am not advocating that you should leave it where it is, you should be aware that the garden, and the countryside as well, contain lots of poisonous plants, both flower and veg. and children need to be taught what plants are dangerous, me I would pull it out for peace of mind, and start learning what is safe and what is not
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Thanks rary, I quite agree children need to be aware and learn to be careful. The hedge in the garden is mainly hawthorn which is staying as is the rhubarb and there are some foxgloves in a bed at the front of the house along with two cherry laurel hedges. We're going to try to teach our little ones not to eat things without us there but at the same time something so poisonous and attractive so close the the lawn isn't ideal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X