No announcement yet.

House plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are about the same size as dinner plates, very spectacular and some of them are heavily scented.

Comment

Wow that's big ...how many flowers to a plant.?

Comment

This years "space rocket", looks like just one on this plant,but it is a young plant, some of the other varieties have several buds on them.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02816.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	686.4 KB
ID:	2523299

Comment

This is where it began, from one of my Dads plants from the 1970's, just come into flower, I got cuttings sent to me from an old neighbour.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02833.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	2525248 Tucked away in a darkish corner of the conservatory.

Comment

Thats stunning
            Northern England.

Comment

What stunning flowers!

Comment

Fantastic! - what an amazing way of connecting again with your father.....he’d be giving you the thumbs up for producing that....with a huuuge grin on his face too Well done!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I shall be growing some cuttings later in the year, maybe anyone wanting any can join in some sort of swap.

Comment

I bought a cutting off eBay to give it a go after reading this thread. Whether it will take or not I have no idea :-)

Comment

They are quite tough, key thing is they are forest plants, keep out of direct sun, I actually burnt some of mine leaving them in full sun all day. The plant if left will grow 20 feet or more tall, so I tend to cut them back at the joins in the plants to keep them manageable, I use heavy clay pots as other wise they can fall over. The flowers look to the light, if you turn them the flowers can actually twist and fall off. Cuttings are best left for a week or so to callous over, then just plunge into a pot of compost, they don't seem to need a lot of feeding, when I see a flower bud, then a bit of liquid feed, I let them dry out in the winter and only water sparingly two or three times a week in the spring and summer.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Burnie - very useful.

Just one query what is this "Sun" of which you write ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X