Hibiscus Extreme

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibiscus Extreme

Has anyone ever grown one of these before? Its supposed to be winter hardy, and tolerant of damp, so ive basically left it all winter!
    I bought it last summer, and looking at it today, the stems are dead and hollow, like an allium or agapanthus stem would get. Im not sure if i should cut it back/down or not or if its had it. The planting instructions are mostly in dutch! Any hints/tips on what to do with it?

The hardy hibiscus I have in the garden is bare at the moment, and is late to come into leaf, but the stems are firm and not hollow. Use G@@gle translate on your label?

Comment

Thank you, thats not a bad idea. If you say yours is slow to leaf up, maybe I'll give it another few weeks, see if it does anything.

Comment

Bex I picked a few a couple a few years back. I say a couple, three Infact, but never really looked after them n left em in pots, a yellow, pink n purple/blue one, can't remember their names off hand, but Japanese themed, but natured one last year, the purple one, Can't for the life in me remember it's name!

But they really are lovely things to look at!
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

I have an orange flowered hibiscus that has just started to put out new leaves. When I first planted it three years ago we would count the blossoms every day as the bush (about 150cm high) would only produce about six flowers. Since then it has improved and hopefully by summer it will be a mass of colour.

Comment

I love Hibiscus, and several of my clients have them. I'm sure most are very late summer flowering, so I wouldn't worry about it for a few months yet.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

My Hibiscus is the very last shrub in my garden to show any sign of life. I'm not expecting any green shoots for another month yet.
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Phew, I'll leave it a bit longer then.
                I did cut some of the dead/dry stems back a bit, as the cats decided that a mad five minutes that involved running round and leaping over the pots, was in order, taking half the stems with them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X