Plant ID please?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roitelet View Post
    They both look shrubby to me. I would dig them up and see if you actually have two plants and then put them in pots or in the ground apart and see what happens. When they are a bit bigger it may be easier to identify them.
    Yes, I think this is what I'll do. I don't want to chuck them in case they're something pretty so I'll pot it/them up and see what happens!

Comment

That's what I have done!....2 years and waiting!

Oh- and I went to check on the plant I said was 3 ft tall ( not seen it for a while cos it's hidden away...and it's actually more than 6 ft high!!! )
      No signs of flowers either.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I think I know what it (one of them) is...........wait 'til I take a piccy

Comment

Oooh, I'm in suspenders...

Comment

I'm back from the end of the garden (wild part!)..............looking hopeful

Comment

Are you ready?

These are suckers from an old plum/damson tree. The tree is long gone but these little suckers keep popping up all around where it was. Some have had small white flowers but they've never managed to fruit.
              The leaves start pointy but become rounded. Lots of pink tinges.

I think you have something from the plum family. As mine get older they become thorny as a sloe does.

Waddya think? Is it or isn't it?
              Attached Files

Comment

Alas...not mine.

But I can see where you are coming from!

Thanks for trying though
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I thought maybe plum/damson/blackthorn suckers. They do pop up in seemingly unrelated places.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

I think that the leaves are smoother - I've attached a pic of new leaves on my damson (from the other end of the garden) next to the mystery plant and they don't look quite the same side-by-side. The mystery plant is smaller though...

Thank you for the idea VC.

There were five seperate stalks when I dug it all up - three reddish and round and two green and pointy. They've been plonked (delicately) in a Morrisons flower bucket until they do something!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Trix; 16-04-2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Actually, that reddish one you have VC (2nd pic) does look more like it. Hmmm...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X