No announcement yet.

Flower of the Month and the Runners-up

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous little space Martin. Looks perfect for a deckchair and a glass of wine. Especially if those roses smell as good as they look.
    Last edited by Scarlet; 06-06-2015, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Poppies

[

ATTACH=CONFIG]56540[/ATTACH]

Self seeded poppies, just beautiful. No runner up,
      Attached Files
      DottyR

Comment

Here's my flower of the month a beautiful Clematis. Almost missed it this evening.
        Think it's the first time it's flowered.

Attached Files
        @thecluelessgardener

Comment

There's so much choice in June... I feel a bit mean leaving out the campanulas, honesty, sweet rocket, cornflowers etc, but my runners-up are clematis 'the President', allium Globemaster and shasta daisy.
          The winner was a hard choice, I almost chose thalictrum aquilegifolium which is my most reliable garden flower every year...it reaches around 5 foot, lovely foliage, doesn't need staking, and never gets touched by pests. But in the end my winner, like Dorothys, was a self seeded poppy...I can't resist them!
          Attached Files

Comment

I hope I am allowed some more runners up.
            Allium Schubertii, Primula Valalii,Primula Carpatica and two peoneys, Bowl of Beauty and my favorite a single white that I don't know the name of. Please read that list in reverse order!!!!

Well for some reason they have all come out upside down! Could one of you kind Mods. flip them for me please.

Attached Files
            Last edited by veggiechicken; 05-07-2015, 10:25 AM. Reason: Rotervated flowers - as requested
            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

My runners up for July are Cosmos 'casanova' and campanula persicifolia (with shasta daisies behind). Winner of the month for me isn't chosen for its looks, but it's the honeysuckle growing outside the house....with the windows open in the evenings it's better than any perfume I've ever bought.
              Attached Files

Comment

My winner is our Arum Lily, a very late starter, but better late than never
                Please can my pic be rotervated

Attached Files
                Last edited by veggiechicken; 05-07-2015, 10:17 AM. Reason: Rotervated Arum as requested ;)
                Nannys make memories

Comment

Hollyhocks

Comment

Lysimachia ephemerum, the willow-leaved loosestrife. The silvery foliage is lovely all year but then really sets off the white flowers:

Runners-up are the penstemons, which look their very best this month although they will put on a great show right through the autumn:

Attached Files
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

My flower of the month is one I've not grown before. It's got a bit of a punk hair-do...

edit - monarda (bergamot)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mothhawk; 09-07-2015, 06:32 PM.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

Flower of the month is definitely my Meadow Rue - a very pretty plant indeed! Not sure why forum board keeps rotating my pictures but hey ho..
                        Attached Files
                        Death to all slugs!

Comment

Photos in landscape, or edited to look like landscape - are OK

I tried flipping it around with Picture Manager but I can't enlarge the photo. Sorry.
                          Maybe someone more technically minded can help!

Comment

Before we get to the end of July here are my flowers. Gazania just has to be the Flower of the month.

Gazania, annual I know but I just love them. Shrubby hibiscus, Phlox, which the Hummingbird Hawk moths love. Echanecia, a very good bee and butterfly plant, and finally Lilies. No idea what variety but they are the only ones that are multiplying in the ground and get to about 6ft high! Smell wonderful too.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by roitelet; 30-07-2015, 01:28 PM.
                            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

here you go, Unclefudgly

Attached Files
                              Last edited by mothhawk; 30-07-2015, 03:38 PM.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

This is my flower for the month JulyCrocosmia Lucifer

and runners-up
                                Fuchsia, Lady Boothby and a Honeysuckle that I dont no the name of but the fragrance in the evening is usualy great to experience
                                Attached Files
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X