when should I sow indian cress?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4390evans View Post
    doesnt say anything as to when to sow it, i got them from lidl the other day none of the seeds I bought say what month and where to sow..

They are also called Tropaeolum majus

Thanks
    x
    I'm pretty sure even Lidl seeds have sowing instructions on the packet Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Lidl always use Roman numerals on their seed packets so yours says to sow IV-V which is the fourth and fifth month.
      They also indicate the temperature it needs to be for germination, in this case 20 deg F, doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be that temperature all the time (or even quite that warm) but it does show that it needs to be a lot warmer than it is round here at the moment

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Yeah it says how to sow just not when to sow, well at least not in english. Then bren said they are in roman numerals. x
        If you want to view paradise
        Simply look around and view it.

Comment

All the instructions are on the packet, it's just a matter of getting used to the format. In your case if you look at the pics:

Sow 1cm deep Apr - May
          Sow seeds 25cm apart in rows 25cm apart.
          They need full sun.
          They flower July - Oct growing approx 6 foot high.

Hope that helps.
          Attached Files
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I have to say I was flummoxed a bit in L**l today when looking at their seeds and seeing Indian Cress - never heard Nasturtiums called that before.
            They also had ordinary cress which isn't quite like the punnets you buy ready sprouted so I suspect it is the hotter old fashioned grow on a flannel variety.
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I'm so glad I read this post - I bought lots of seeds at Lidl recently and was annoyed they didn't tell me when to sow and plant! Now I realise the information was there all along :-)

I didn't get any Indian Cress but did buy some Nasturtiums (Dwarf bushy mix), otherwise called Tropaeolum minus. Is there much difference between the two varieties?

Comment

I haven't looked this up so don't quote me but, the clue is in the "majus" and "minus".............think "Major" and "Minor" = Large and Small.
                So N. Majus is large and sprawling and N. Minus is small, bushy and compact.

Comment

Of course! So N.Majus would work in hanging baskets?

Comment

Originally posted by IndigoElectron View Post
                    Of course! So N.Majus would work in hanging baskets?
                    Yes !! http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1209154

Comment

Thanks! :-)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X