No announcement yet.

Are your Daffodils in flower yet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although the season's been a little late this year in west Cornwall, with different varieties, daff's and narcissi are in flower here from the end of december (Early Sensation) through to early april (Cheerfullness and Pheasant Eye's)!
    Really great gardens seem to teeter on the edge of anarchy yet have a balance and poise that seem inevitable. Monty Don in Gardening Mad

Comment

All small in bud they might come out for the weekend if they see a little sun.
      I do have a big jug on the table full of them looking lovely and spring like.

On a daf theme if they come up blind is that it will they stay blind forever or will normal service be resumed next spring? I threw some away from a tub last year for being blind should i have put them in the ground instead of throwing them out.
      Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
      www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

Ten days ago our Daffs where bearly breaking through the soil, now they have sprinted on and are at half normal height (Here in Cumbria). Still none in flower and I have been out into the Lakes this morning and have not seen any in flower in the places I would normally expect them to be. Waits for Easter...and drums fingers on table top...
        Last edited by Photo; 18-03-2010, 03:58 PM.
        -Photo-

My Allotment Blog Last updated 05/05/10

Comment

Most of the dafs around here are showing but none of them are open (as yet).

Comment

All mine are in flower, both the minature and the big ones.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Lets hope there'll be plenty for Easter- it'll give it a nice - well- Eastery feel!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I'm sure something strange is up as mine were in flower by the end of Jan! About 16-20 of them in a patch, starting to die back down now.

Comment

Originally posted by glasgowdan View Post
                  I'm sure something strange is up as mine were in flower by the end of Jan! About 16-20 of them in a patch, starting to die back down now.
                  good grief!!!- do you live near the Equator - or near a thermal spring???
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I love daffies!!! But no sign of them here.

Comment

No show yet, but my first crocus appeared yesterday.
                      A good beginning is half the work.
                      Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        good grief!!!- do you live near the Equator - or near a thermal spring???
                        The front garden is warm. Always thaws out before the neighbours and doesn't get any more sunlight. Nice to see the colour for sure.

Comment

ON the way to Tescos this morning i saw a lot of wild Dafodils flowering down a local country lane quite a nice surprise...jacob
                          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I have one that should will be in flower by the time I get home tonight then about a dozen or so more over the weekend if the sun is out.

Comment

I have one out, well I can see yellow.
                              Others should be out soon, but its going to chuck it down this weekend.

P

Comment

I have several pots of crocus which have been in flower for the past week.
                                My hyacinths which are in the open ground are also in flower and have been flowering for several years. They appear each year no matter what the weather is like.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X