No announcement yet.

Delphinium sowing, should I give up?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i always find it amazing that some are successful with some plants while others are better with different kind often using similar techniques.

i sowed delphimiums and penstemon at the same time, same compost, same elec propagator. delphinium great, penstemon all died. same directions on packet but different results. i cant do delphinuim cuttings to save my life but from seed no prob!

i usually have better success with perennials sowing them in early summer in the greenhouse. not sure if its more warmth or light.

keep tyring til you find the best way for you, then you will be an expert
    above the clouds the sun is shining and the sky is blue. if you look hard enough you can just about see it!

Comment

I sowed a packet each of delphiniums, echinacea and alpine strawberry and popped them into the boiler cupboard. I have taken them out in the last few days as they have quite a few tiny little sprouts.

If they survive the next step (and that's a big if!!!) you're more than welcome to some of the delphiniums Selfraising - if you are ever come a bit further east in Surrey!

Comment

Awww thanks faerieprincess. Problem with that is, I don't drive but big thankyou anyway for the offer. Perhaps I'll try your method next year! I've now taken root cuttings as suggested, be interesting to see if I'm successful with those
        AKA Angie

Comment

I shouldn't think you would be too late if you tried again this year! It's not as though they're going to flower this year, anyway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X