No announcement yet.

Is it too early to sow sunflowers?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do seem to be growing fast and mine are now in unheated gh. Am trying giant single, velvet queen, tiffany and a mixed variety called pastiche
    AKA Angie

Comment

I'm going to plant my seeds on Friday good sowing day for flowers that day, my seeds are self saved from a friends sunflower that was Huge! So have no idea what kind it is but looking foward to feeding the birdies with them later on
      Peaceful days are in the garden!

Comment

I bought a packet of single giants at the supermarket (They're marketed as kiddies seeds )
        I've sown all 50 seeds in a large seed tray and left them outside. I haven't grown these large sunflowers before but think they will be beneficial in my wildlife bed.
        Serene she stand amid the flowers,
        And only count lifes sunny hours,
        For her dull days do not exist,
        Evermore the optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria26 View Post
          I bought a packet of single giants at the supermarket (They're marketed as kiddies seeds )
          I've sown all 50 seeds in a large seed tray and left them outside. I haven't grown these large sunflowers before but think they will be beneficial in my wildlife bed.

Hi Victoria
          If those are the ones my friend grew last year they were 10 foot tall and the stems must have been at least 2 inches thick. The flower was the size of a dinner plate! You will need to stake them well because one of my friends sunflowers became top heavy and when we had strong winds, the stem snapped off.
          AKA Angie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X