Forsythia

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forsythia

I bought a small forsythia a few year ago. It was maybe 30cm in height. If is in a border next to my fence, which is north facing but it is at the most sunny end of the border. It’s grown very Little at all since I’ve had it, very little in the way of foliage and no flowers. Is it just a case of right plant wrong place? I had been leaving it to see if it did anything in this flowering season but no sign of that. Should I lift and move to a sunnier position? In which case when? Or lift and keep in a pot for the year and give it some tlc?

I’ve got forsythia in my north facing border but it’s originally attached to the mother plant next door I think,it’s rooted through to my garden or something,so it had a big root system to grow my side,maybe it’s a bit shaded at yours & would grow faster in a south or west facing border or are they slow growing putting roots down? Gooogle says they grow one foot a year once established,yours might be establishing itself?

Comment

To update, have lifted it and put it in a pot in a sunnier position and seems to be going better. Guess it’s another thing that doesn’t like my north facing dappled shade border. Oh well will probably replant in the front garden that gets much more sun.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X