Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A mouse has been in the greenhouse and dug up/eaten the leaves off lots of my seedlings. Lost all my cornflowers and shredded the orlaya grandiflora. Will have to resow but not til later this year. Didn’t eat my sweet peas thankfully as they are decent size now having been planted in autumn. Am going to sow some cleome soon and maybe eryngium.

Comment

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post

I have mine in tubs with mini daffs ,that I later plant summer flowering plants in. That way I'm not trying to get rid
      Mine have escaped into the lawn where they lurk among the crocus, knowing full well I can't mow them till at least the end of May, by which time they've made more babies
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Primrose View Post
        Renown (on Roger Parson's website) is a nice deep red colour. Harrogate Gem (Matthewman's website) is a good, strong colour too. Both website have some gorgeous colours.
        Wow Purple Primrose, Harrogate Gem is an amazing red sweet pea, I've never seen one that colour before. Out of stock, unfortunately.

It was actually a deep red geranium I was after, but I did enjoy looking up the sweet peas.

I've sown pelargonium Horizon Red, so here's hoping.
        Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Sorry, Babru, I've no idea why I read 'geranium' but thought 'sweet pea'!

Just looked up that Horizon Red pelargonium and it's a gorgeous colour.

Comment

Sowed some more sweet peas from last year's saved seed and some eryngium. They are in the greenhouse.

Comment

It will be interesting to see the different colours you get annie8, or will they come true to each colour you had last year.

I've got so many sweet pea seeds in various packets, I'm set up for years to come....

Comment

Hmm, my last post made me think, how long do sweet pea seeds last. Two to three years, apparently. I'd better check my packets. I sowed mine about ten days ago and there's no sign yet.....

Comment

I can see the very first signs of germination on my sweet peas this morning. Love it! They are on the windowsill so the warmth helps hurry them along. All I need to do now is buy a house with a suitable garden...
                  Dave at the allotment (my favourite youtuber) was sowing his sweet peas yesterday too. He's keeping his in the unheated greenhouse, so it'll be interesting to see how long they take to come up. https://youtu.be/c4bDjCosQMo
                  My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                  Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

My sweet peas came up on Saturday so that's 8 days after sowing. They'e in a very cold porch so I hadn't expected them to germinate that quickly. The packets said it'd be 12 to 21 days depending on temperature.

Comment

I planted some echinacea seeds inside and they have germinated well. Not sure from the seed packet whether I should now put out in the greenhouse and to grow on before plating out in a few months or keep inside for a bit longer. Any idea ?

Comment

Seems the orlaya grandiflora have survived the mouse attack. Growing back some leaves although still small. Hoping the better weather predicted will help them grow on a bit.

Comment

Sown some French Marigolds this afternoon.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by annie8 View Post
                            Seems the orlaya grandiflora have survived the mouse attack. Growing back some leaves although still small. Hoping the better weather predicted will help them grow on a bit.
                            Mine have been growing at a glacial pace since November, but are responding well to the change in temperature and are now looking quite eager. When can they be planted out? I've never heard of them before so this is the 1sr year I've grown them.

Comment

I grew them last year and liked them although I would say that they can be a bit lost in a busy border so am going to plant a number together to have a bit more impact. I’d hold off planting them out until about April.

Comment

Sowed some echinops, Spanish flag and nigella seeds.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X