planting out plug plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planting out plug plants

There was a sale on last week-end of plug plants - a tray of 120 for £2, so I bought a tray each of verbena, antirhinum (sp?), salvia and petunia. (I really wanted marigolds but there weren't any)
    Anyway, I spent what seemed like hours planting all the verbena round the edge of my veg patch, just for decoration, and then someone told me that plug plants need to be potted on and kept in a cold greenhouse to get bigger before they can be planted out.
    I have done that with the remaining three trays (it took ages, and lots of random containers were used!) but 3 days laters nearly all of the verbena that have gone straight into the ground actually look quite happy . Do you think I'll get away with it?
    Never say never!

In this warm wet weather, the Verbena will love you for planting it out. It's pretty tough stuff and as long as they were healthy plants, their size won't really matter. Ive got Snapdragons flowering now that have over wintered outside so give it a go, it sounds as if your bargain plugs are good quality.
    I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X