No announcement yet.

crocosmia?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sign of mine either...tum te tum te tum...
    http://www.norwoodgarden.blogspot.com/

Comment

Mine ARE in pots and still no sign .........
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

oh Jennie! next time I'm just going to buy the plants - they always have some good ones at the school summer fete.

Comment

Good idea FV! We have the horticultural sale of plants tomorrow, so I may be able to sneak some back and pass them off as my own
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

did you get any Jennie?

Comment

No - obviously everyone else having same trouble! Didnt see one crocosmia plant for sale.

Won the garden ornament in the raffle. Haven't got it yet - hope it is not a gnome!

Oh no someone is going to ask me now what is wrong with gnomes ....
              ~
              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I won a plant in the raffle at school on Friday - tis a standard solanum, apparently its a patio plant. but I put a tiny one into the back bed 2 yrs ago, and its now a 10' giant - just wondering if I can try it with this one.

if it is a gnome Jennie, just pretend you are in a bad taste competition with a family member - my OH and brother have done this for a couple of years now, and there are some memorable presents. one is a gnome with a solar powered 'welcome' sign (now lives outside kids' wendy house). we retaliated with a mannekin pis corkscrew from Brussels. oh, the laughs we have!!!

Comment

Its a snail! Unfortunately rather tiny for our garden, but it is my first real garden ornament

I like the idea of a mannekin pis corkscrew
                  ~
                  ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Maybe it'll work like those plastic herons JA
                    ntg
                    Never be afraid to try something new.
                    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                    ==================================================

Comment

I've got shoots coming out of my crocosmia pots. No sign of the dahlias or crysanthemums yet though

Warmer weather was obviously needed.
                      ~
                      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Still nothing happening with my crocosmia - I think the cat has been digging that patch of soil up and leaving her jobbies there, so I think I can kiss goodbye to any flowers .
                        http://www.norwoodgarden.blogspot.com/

Comment

shoot the cat
                          Last edited by nick the grief; 27-06-2006, 07:12 PM.
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

crocosmia still noticeable by its absence. however, acidanthera that I planted at the same time seems to be coming up.

Comment

FVV
                              I have three established varieties of crocosmia in my garden and all are up and just about ready to start flowering - however, I took some to my Sunday job garden last year and this year they have only produced leaf blades about three inches long - they are definitely alive but seem very very slow to kick in this season - dunno why - but you're not alone with your lack of crocosmia
                              Rat

British by birth
                              Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                              http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

yeah same here Rat, my old established ones are fine, and well into flower now. maybe the new bulbs will show themselves sometimes - but I might chuck some in pots next spring, as insurance!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X