No announcement yet.

Daffodils.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone on here anywhere near Grasmere in the lakes? We're getting married there 20th February, I was just wondering if anyone has any idea if any of the daffs may be up by then? We didn't think so but looking around here I'm not so sure now.

Comment

Originally posted by mrswadders View Post
      The field opposite us is planted with daffs this year,obviously different varieties as they are getting ready to start picking the early ones. Will take a pic later,looking forward to seeing it as there's always quite a few that don't get picked so looks lovely
      Judging by the number of cars with eastern European plates around they've been picking daffs here for a while.
      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I have a bent over daff head with a hint of yellow and snowdrops.........
        and a lily from the cheap batch I bought last year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89911[/ATTACH]
        Unbelievable, the lilies in my garden are just poking through the soil now, so will be several weeks before they start to form a flower bud let alone start flowering
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

To be fair, that lily is way ahead of the others - but they do have buds and will be flowering soon.

Best wishes from Sunshiny South Wales

Comment

A couple from the garden today
            Click image for larger version

Name:	BM1K1360.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	2386866

Click image for larger version

Name:	BM1K1361.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	342.3 KB