No announcement yet.

Friday is for Flowers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a Flowery plans this Friday?
    I'm going to take down some tired looking hanging baskets and see if they can be rejuvenated.

Comment

Planted -
      12 Lavender plants in a vague edge to a bed;
      5 perennials I bought in Morries a few weeks ago that have been languishing in their pots ever since -
      Ajuga "Burgundy Glow"
      Hesperis - Violet
      Tanacetum - Robinson's Red
      2 Spray Chrysanthemums - Gompie White and Pompom Bronze.

I've squashed these into a corner of the rhubarb bed - rhubarb growing amongst the flowers sounds promising to me!
      Also rejuvenated 3 of the hanging baskets - chopping off dead stems and cutting back some of the leggy geraniums to stumps.
      Deadheaded the dahlias and geraniums.

Ordered more flower seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Anyone have a Flowery plans this Friday?
        I'm going to take down some tired looking hanging baskets and see if they can be rejuvenated.
        Sadly I’m going to rip out a patch of calendula.
        Been deadheading them like mad all summer, but they’ve finally had it.
        Daughter coming home for the weekend so will pick something pretty for a little posy in her room.
        Will also pick a few nasturtium flowers and leaves to liven up a salad.
        Also going to pick a few bunches of helichrysum to take to the Market.
        And have got a few red Schizostylis bulbs to plant out somewhere (present from neighbour).

Comment

It was time to plant the cheap Oriental lilies before they climbed out of their bag and throttled me! Hadn't realised that they were all sprouting inside the carrier bag
          Planted 90, just 10 to go and I need to clear some ground for them first.
          Only 100 dahlias and 100 Gladioli to go.
          Put 50 dahlias in the dog's bed to soak overnight. Don't worry, its an old plastic one that they don't use so I'll stand plants that need a soak in it.
          Also deadheaded the geraniums, begonias and dahlias and cut back the pansies, leaving the seedheads to germinate where they fell.

Comment

I have cyclamen, pansies and crocus bulbs to plant, plus cranesbill, blue irises and day lillies to divide and move.

I’ve also been given some Crocosmia bulbs and was going to plant them but google says better to wait till spring...any advice?
            All at once I hear your voice
            And time just slips away
            Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Last Friday must have been wet - or I was asleep all day! Can't remember what I did - if anything.
              Its another wet and windy Friday here so I'm not sure I'll be doing much with flowers today.. .........

Comment

Yesterday was a repeat of the previous Friday - wet and windy. All I did was take some cuttings of a variegated Erysimum that can't be grown from seed - only cuttings.
                Today, I managed to catch up a little on creating a new bed to plant all the dahlia tubers that have been sitting in the dog's bed for weeks - sprouting and very wet. Unfortunately, it rained again before I could plant any!! Maybe tomorrow...............

Comment

Friday I made it to the big smoke and got some compost, so we finally planted daffodil, crocus and allium bulbs under front kitchen window. Yeh!
                  Elsie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X