No announcement yet.

New to this bit

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good time to pick up some snow drops as they do better when planted with green leaf on them, and if you come across any daff. or tulip bulbs going cheap and in reasonably good condition buy them and plant now they will flower, as for camellias nick is right it depends if you have a micro climate I have a neighbour who's camellia flowers every year, I have one in the back garden that has only flowered once, the flowers were formed in December but by the end of January they had been frosted,
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Here's one of my camellias in the snow - and its still flowering now. They're tougher than you think. Rary - your's are sissys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0138.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	2382416

Comment

Loooks like Camelia might be a good option for the back. I have a wider space at the top of the border that might suit. Like the look of something like Camellia japonica 'Nobilissima. Saw that Homebase had some clematis for £3.50 just need to look at what types they have. Am going to pop along to Lidl later to see what their shrub offers they have.

Comment

Have just been to Lidl. Picked up 3 cornus siburica for the front and a philadelphus hybride snowbells and forsythia goldrausch for the back. 4 quid each. Also went to Morrison’s and got a few hyacinths an euonymus emerald and gold, knautia and arenaria. 3 quid for 2. Oh and some Muscari that were reduced to 20p. Might have got a bit carried away.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X