No announcement yet.

The coop coming together

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

up date,baisic frame almost done,needs squaring up and bracing,paint ext,ext,i really ache bach thumb joints,ti's fighting the battery drill,doing pilot holes and long screws,i even managed to upset the chop saw,the blade is all wonky,so am having to use the larger one,it's a pain to get started,having to push in a button and pull the trigger at the same time as hold the wood stable,the worst is done,apart from fighting a bit of the frame were the old pallet wood has twisted,but i will win.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 13-04-2017, 03:55 PM.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Well done Lottie, it looks great. Just wondered if it would be easy to incorporate a door on the side of the coop to aid cleaning out, you could then just push a wheelbarrow up to the coop & rake/brush out the shavings.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

there is a door at the back of the coop to clean out,also 1 going in pen for cleaning out,

see 1st pic on post 4,door yet to be fitted
        Last edited by lottie dolly; 13-04-2017, 04:25 PM.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Ah, I would have swapped them round & had the nest box at the back & cleaning door on the side as it may be awkward reaching round the corners to clean it.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

NO,i designed it that way,as it's just a nice heigt for me to lean in and clean,also great access to remove the 2 growbag trays,1 each side under the perches,thats the narrow sides,and the longest is almost 6 ft,so swaping them over,would be harder as i would have bother with the poop trays,and the long lenght to stretch,having the nest box on the end also gives the hens more room inside,plus they cannot persh on top off it,also room for food and water inside the centre,between the perches,when it's all done,i will take enough pics to show what i have done,then you will see where am comming from.

Comment

I'm not arguing with you cos I know from experience there will only be one outcome....................

Comment

Yup,poop and eggs,no argument about that hehehehe,when i done,there is some land scaping to do,humhum,but i do thank you very much for your input friend

Comment

All being well,i will have the job finnished and collect some ladies tomoz,am i eggzzzited,you bet,hehehehe,
                  do i need to do any digging over of the run prior to their arrival,all other needs will be catered for,but next job has to be a late lunch,then get back to snaggin,pics WILL follow shortly,

Comment

I'm egg-cited for you too
                    The chooks will do the digging for you - one less job to do
                    Do you know what you're getting and how many? Can't wait for the photies

Comment

5 POL,,blue,speckeldy,black rock,amber link and a warren,i have to ring and check tomoz after lunch the lady said,lunch over now back to work,poor back.
                      Last edited by lottie dolly; 20-04-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

here are some pics to fill the gap,got to go wicks tonight,get some medium bolts and other little bits,then in the morrow,it's finish the paint,bury a bit more net,and place some more bricks,hope i can get some suitable hook and eyes to hang the ladder in place,and clear out all the rubbish,the run roof will be fixed into place,when i done the aforementiond,oh and seal the nest box up from outside and paint.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by lottie dolly; 20-04-2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

First things first..............well done, that's a fist class job......

Second things Second.......for your ladder ....£1 from £land......Charlie Dimmock Tool Hooks 5 Pack - Gloves, Tools & Accessories - Gardening

Third things Third............god help any fox that tries to bury under those thugs..............

Comment

Oops...........I forgot:
                            Fourth things Fourth...........
                            Where's the treadle feeder?
                            Last edited by Bigmallly; 21-04-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Looking great LD, if it was round here, someone would be renting it out lol
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

Looking fab LD - looking forward to meeting the ladies!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X