No announcement yet.

The coop coming together

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't know which is better. The smaller the holes, the more you'll keep out but that's about the limit of my advice!
    Aldi sell rolls of wire - with free delivery But I've no idea how much you need or how prices compare.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/gardenline-ga...94135131491601

https://www.aldi.co.uk/gardenline-ga...94135111957600

Comment

I would go for the thicker wire.

Comment

I suppose it all depends what you are trying to keep out Lottie, do the foxes up your way launch themselves at the fencing or just gently sniff & dig?...........
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Thankyou friends,we used to have a fox,but not been seen for a few years,someone over the back has chickens,and a friend about a mile away,not heard anyone say off 1 about,when it did come it shined up a 6ft fence easy,darned thing,cats squirrel and maybe rats are my concern,as a mouse will get though awt,think am gona order the 1/2 inch holes,as just had another thought about the little garden birds,getting in,A getting traped and B any possible contamination now or future,so i have convinced myself in the end,hehehe,mesh direct here i come,thanks again all.

VC i have reconed up,i need 48m off 3ft wide,so the 50m roll will do well.
          Last edited by lottie dolly; 09-04-2017, 05:51 PM.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I reckon Squirrels & Rats will only show up where there is food. A metal treadle feeder may be a good investment.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Lottie..............instead of paying £54.98 + £6.98 p&p, buy a roll of wire & spend a fiver or so on accessories (staples, tension wire, ground pegs etc) & get free p&p over £60.

Comment

good point BM,SON has just showed me a stapler,but it is only for flat ones,lots of staples with points on,thats the same as they got for sale on the web site,also seem to be for thinner wire,MR did say about hammering the round headed ones in by hand,so will order some of them,should think the 15mm will do the job,many thanks BM for drawing my attention to that,will order 1 roll off said wire and 2 time the staples,BINGO
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Most staple guns take bog standard staples plus round ones.

Comment

When I made the pond cage out of chicken wire, I just used normal staples & it was fine. You could always put a couple of cable ties as added security.

Comment

Just a thought, if it's in your garden & you want it to look fairly pleasing to the eye, staple the wire to the frames then sandwich the wire with some roofing laths.

Comment

All done,now live in wait,at least i should have the coop completed by then,with a bit off luck i maybe able to use the gun SON has,a new gadget for me to use,never to late learn hehe.
                        excitment is building,
                        thought about the lathes one
                        Last edited by lottie dolly; 09-04-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Saw this and thought of you Lottie

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chicken-coop-design.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	2371928

Comment

OOOOOO00000000 i do like that one,a bit posh ay,i would have loved a nice color,but they paint is bloomin dear,and the chickens would not notice,right of out to play again,roof on and felted,wood trimmings to do.
                            Last edited by lottie dolly; 10-04-2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Some good news for you LD - all poultry in England can be allowed out from 13th April
                              https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...inst-avian-flu
                              Still some restrictions but better than it was!

So you'd better get a move on with your coop

Comment

Thank you for that VC,am getting there,i feel worse than a kid a sweet store,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X