• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ So sad about the swans
    Another case - this time at an RSPB reserve in North Wales
    New case of avian flu in bird at RSPB Conwy reserve - BBC News

Comment

Poor little blighters.

My girls are going stir crazy... Any nice ideas of things to put in with them to make their confinement more exciting?

Comment

Could you drill holes in various veg & hang from the ceiling for them to peck? As it will swing away will take some time for them to get through. I'm thinking cabbages, pumpkins, sweetcorn etc.

I know someone who breeds poultry and she does this.
        Last edited by happyhumph; 15-01-2017, 09:14 PM.
        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

I give mine a bunch of kale or chard leaves every day to kick around.
          Luckily, their run was already covered and wild bird proof so they're as normal - apart from being able to wander round the garden with me.

Comment

There's some nice ideas on here to keep them entertained & in the comments section too ~
            Chicken Toys - Why they are important and how you can provide them - BackYard Chickens Community

Comment

Thanks Jane,i have read about a few things,but that post gives all you need i recone,i look forwards to getting us some ladeezz
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

As much as I love my chooks there is no way that I am dying spaghetti different colours to entertain them. Nor am I going to glue bits of broken CD to a balloon - that's an accident waiting to happen

Comment

Mine used to love an ants nest being thrown in the run for them - like having a takeaway delivered! When I had the old greenhouse with borders rather than pots I'd put them in there for the day - they had fun and did an excellent job of rooting up weeds and getting rid of pests.
                  Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Now confirmed at a farm in East Lindsay, Lincs

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a...y-lincolnshire

Can't see the housing order being lifted any time soon.
                    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

This is so sad ..i get mugged open the door to the run.runing out of things to keep them happy.

Comment

My neighbours girls are getting fed up as well poor things.
                        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

I was thinking off,for when i get mine,about a smaller pen for the raised bed,to be moved as and when,to but some girls in for a few hours,WOULD this be good to help your chickens bordom having somewhere a bit different,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Definitely. Really good idea if you can do it. It also helps that the ground they have been on gets a chance of recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                              This is so sad ..i get mugged open the door to the run.runing out of things to keep them happy.
                              How about......................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBdEo9kyqT0

Comment

That is brill,a chicken group,they even singing along,so funny,yet practical hehehe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X