Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Bird Flu in Lincolnshire

Bird flu found in turkeys at Louth farm, Defra says - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I think in theory any wild bird....but it's really the migratory birds we have to worry about!
    There was a sparrow trapped inside our mesh this evening

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    What do they class as wild birds?..........Blackbirds, Sparrows, Robins?

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    ^^^ That's a bit like mine, Snadge. 3 interconnected runs that can be closed off - in a L with the coop in the bend of the L. The coop area is roofed with perspex and both the other runs are covered either with pond liner or debris netting. The sides are chicken wire and small mesh.
    I'll have to stop letting thechooks help me in the garden though

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Thing is, about moving them to somewhere else is that it probably won't be quite as fox proof as their real home
    Fortunately mine is still inside the electric fence...phew!
    I have three coops and three runs joined together with popholes inbetween. All I will do is confine them to the large hut which has the perspex 'conservatory' fixed to it and block the other popholes.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Thing is, about moving them to somewhere else is that it probably won't be quite as fox proof as their real home
    Fortunately mine is still inside the electric fence...phew!
    Last edited by Nicos; 08-12-2016, 04:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    My intention is to move them into a hut with a very small run surrounded with small gage chicken mesh and a clear perspex roof so at least they get some light.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Thelma - it's a £5,000 fine if they don't!
    ...presuming they get caught.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    France has now implimented restrictions.
    Fortunately we have been able to net off an area 12x20 ft directly outside the pig sty where they roost/lay.
    Good old brassica netting from years ago!

Thing is , we're going to have to keep a close eye on them cos they are trying to get through it and look quite capable of getting their feet tangled in it

Hmm 3 cockerels all close together...we might have problems!..* puts on thinking hat.

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    They'll be the first ones complaining if their birds get ill *stupid people* I would have thought it was more important to keep the birds healthy, but that is obviously too logical for some.

Leave a comment:

• sparrow100
    replied
    Twitter and FB have comments from several people saying they aren't doing it because of chicken welfare. Fabulous. I can understand if you can't get there to do it immediately, but surely if you can you should? Given the alternative.
    Last edited by sparrow100; 07-12-2016, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Unfortunately, because of work comittments and being dark after work, also the need to clean out large shed and apply straw, I won't be able to get all mine inside until Sunday! Hope this will be ok and that I don't get reported!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X