• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    You stole their eggs Bal!
    Is that why there stopped laying?

Can't you buy some in?
    I've seen sites where you can buy fertilised eggs. But don't really know how reliable they are. Could I put normal hens eggs under the bantams. I'd probably only get two under them .
    Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

I put 4 normal/large sized eggs under my banties...2 for each wing.
      Any more and I seem to get failures ( probably get cold?)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Bal View Post
        I've seen sites where you can buy fertilised eggs. But don't really know how reliable they are. Could I put normal hens eggs under the bantams. I'd probably only get two under them .
        I've bought eggs from E bay and had good results in the past. You pays yer money, and takes your chance.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Bal look on fleabay if there is anyone near you then go and collect. Least you have a chance of seeing their flock. It is going through the postal system that doesn't do eggs much cop IMO.

Edit: If you are not happy when you go to collect then don't buy. I have found one naff egg seller on ebay. Unfortunately Hubby went and collected
          Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 20-06-2016, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I've had some good results with eb@y eggs, but as NG has said, collect if possible or pay the extra for one day delivery...though I generally go to the local poultry auction. Great morning out though worth looking in your local ads too.

Comment

Chicks and mum still being elusive but i managed to get one grainy piccie of mum and brood!

I'm thimking about somehow rigging up a dog cage on to the end of the coop to give them more room and make it easier to get some piccies. Trouble is its up a height and i will need to make a stand for it.
              Attached Files
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Make them a slide

Comment

They are getting big are they not?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                    They are getting big are they not?
                    They should be with the amount of food they eat. Thats the way I got a piccie when they dived out to grab the food I'd just put in for them!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

They're definitely getting big! I cant believe they grow that fast!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X