No announcement yet.

turkey for christmas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we had the space I'd be quite happy with the concept of doing it as I'd be confident that the animal had been cared for and treated as it should be. Main Robles (other than space) is that I'm terrified of birds, was trapped on my plot the other week as some chickens had got out and were milling about next to my gate. Scary beaks and evil eyes.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

^^^ You are now the third person I have come across that is terrified of birds. I use to think it was just my SIL being a bit odd

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
        ^^^ You are now the third person I have come across that is terrified of birds. I use to think it was just my SIL being a bit odd
        There's quite a few of us out there, mum is far worse than me as she can't even cope with small garden birds. I'm not good with pigeons (horrible dirty things that fly at your face) but other than that it's mainly chickens and birds of prey (am sure they want to peck your eyes out ). Ducks are OK as they have rounder beaks (I know, no logic). Am not so bad if I've got closed shoes and jeans on but ideally keep well away (especially after I got brave a few years ago in Kew Gardens and got technically goosed by a goose when it bit me on the back of they leg!)

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I don't think there's any "logic" in phobias. I'm really frightened of horses, even those tiny little ponies makes no difference if they are reined or even held by children Other large 4 legged animals I'm fine, camels were even ok when I went to India. On walks, even with friends I will make huge detours rather than cut through a feild with a horse in it.

As for "doing the deed" it's very easy given the choice of eating something that has had a very enjoyable life, kept on grass, free ranged with good food to eating the same meat bought from something penned, plumped up with hormones, etc,etc. The first one was difficult, but it gets so much easier. It is a life style choice though, they are pricey to keep, especially as food isn't cheap. I costed the chickens a few years back and for a small bird it was costing us over £8, when you include the work and time spent it's cheaper to buy from the organic poultry farmer up the road.

Ng, you are really lucky, what breed of Turkey is it? I've only kept bronze, the stags are huge and cause serious damage without a saddle, the girls backs can really be ripped if not covered.

Comment

He is a bourbon. A friend of my brothers had a crollwitzer (?sp) and that was a softy as well. Anyone else I have spoken too about stag turkeys has either said vicious or over active, so I think it is more personality traits rather than breed.

Here is Brucey

Attached Files

Comment

We don't have Turkey for Christmad - nobody is that keen. Usually Rib of Beef and Pork - not sure our neighbours would thank us for raising those in the back garden!
              What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
              Pumpkin pi.

Comment

The OP hasn't been back to see any of the replies. Maybe she has her own reasons for sowing the turkey seeds

Comment

A disgruntled former B*rnard Matth*ws employee perhaps??
                  Last edited by skeggijon; 02-01-2016, 07:34 PM.
                  What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                  Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Bootiful..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X