Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas???.... urgently appreciated please!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor little thing. Sometimes the rest works wonders, and treats restore their will to live. Sometimes they just give up. I hope she perks up.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

My fingers are crossed she will make a good recovery.
      The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Any news on your poorly chicken

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Well...she's still with us!

Her vent is clean
          She has no parasites and has opened her other eye.
          She drank about 40ml water today and we managed to put about 20 sultanas down her and a teaspoon of pellets today.

I took her out of her hutch onto the lawn and rubbed her over firmly lifted her up and down pretty sharpish for quite a while and she willingly fluttered both wings whilst I was doing that!

I rubbed her back firmly calling' bok bok' and she started to object by calling out and half standing up on her legs ( had to support her weight from underneath).
          So...her muscles are working and although very wobbly she can half stand on her legs held in the normal position.

No idea what's wrong with her still- she's certainly not hot with a temperature but strangely still wobbly on her feet.

I placed her on the table outside whilst we podded the last of the broad beans and our cat jumped up to see what was going on...our chook certainly knew what was going on!!! so she's alert enough when needs be!

So she's clearly alert..all parts seem to work but she just collapses on her legs.

I just thought I could either leave her to fade away or try and activate her within her energy levels.

well- time will tell eh???
          keep yr fingers crossed for her peeps!

....will update again tomorrow!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Glad she seems to be on the mend Nicos .
            sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

...me too, but I'm being realistic- it's early days yet.

I felt a bit cruel 'bothering' her so much yesterday but she seemed to be just sleeping herself into fading away and I just thought- what the heck if she's going to die then I might as well give it a bash. If she hadn't responded I'd have just left her quietly to try and recover- or ask OH ( yeh- he's the dispatcher here) to help her on her way.

Anyway- this morning she was shuffling around her hutch on her heels , eating sultans and pellets and sipping water- so it looks like something +ve is going on!!

I'm off out now but will have another sesh in the garden with her later to try and help her stand. Will let you know how it goes folks!

keep the +ve thoughts coming her way please peeps!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                ...I just thought- what the heck if she's going to die then I might as well give it a bash...
                I you sure that'll help!?

All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Dare I whisper?????

She seems to be improving * shhhhh I didn't really say that- OK????

This evening she went to bed with a full crop- raisins and rolled oats of her own choice and we dropped some pellets into her mouth/beak.
                  She's tucked into water ad lib and started shuffling round on her heels so to speak!

When I supported some of her body weight she was actually walking properly!

It looks like the egg must have trapped the nerves into legs perhaps and now the bruising is going down her legs are getting stronger.
                  Something like that maybe?????

She's certainly much more alert- such a different lass than yesterday morning.

We're going to have to name her once/if she's fully recovered aren't we????

...keep those +ve vibes going peeps- it's working!!!!!

Comment

I'm glad she is recovering. I agree with your theory of nerve damage. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Delighted to hear she's improving, my fingers and toes are crossed for her!
                      The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Still very wobbly on her feet- although she's fine to balance on a perch- so it's clearly muscle strength or hips causing her problem.

Today she helped me with the weeding- shuffling along on her feet and picking out grubs.She's much more interested in her environment.
                        Starting to look good * crosses fingers

Oh- and as she's muttering "Bok bok" quite a bit we've decide to call her that!

Comment

Oh bless, it makes you want to give her a hug doesn't it . The hen too, of course
                          sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

Good news is that at 'Reveille' this morning OH put her out with the rest of the flock and she was staggering around whilst they were gobbling down their brekkies!

She was walking as if on hot coals for about 15mins then sat down exhausted.

Good news though eh??

She's back in her hutch/ boudoir resting and eating and drinking ad lib- although she's firmly sitting on her fluffy bum!

Nothing like breakfast in bed is there ladies??

Comment

Update is that she took herself off to bed with the others last night and is now hobbling about with the flock

We'll need to keep an eye on her of course in case the others pick on her when she's tired...but I honestly thought she'd had it a few days ago!

Thanks for your support peeps

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X