quail

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quail

My quail are laying yaaay so far we have had two eggs now what to do with them any recipes ?

Sorry cant help much with recipes but as the other half has said a firm NO to chickens I'd like to hear/ read more about your quail. What type do you keep? How many have you got and what do you keep them in?

Comment

I keep Japanese quail in two colours white and cream I have 8 at the moment kept in quads consisting of one male an three females they are kept in custom built hutches 8x4

Comment

Thanks Drew there definitely something I'd like to look into. Did you buy or hatch yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Hayley View Post
          Thanks Drew there definitely something I'd like to look into. Did you buy or hatch yours?
          I bought mine from a breeder , they are great fun take up very little room are quieter than hens and lay very well for such a small bird

Comment

Yumeee! Pickled quail eggs. Just use any recipe for pickled eggs.
            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk drew View Post
              we have had two eggs now what to do with them any recipes ?
              half an egg sandwich?
              quarter of an omelette?
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                half an egg sandwich?
                quarter of an omelette?
                Haha very good

Comment

Could have some tapas?
                  The Masons...AKA...Layla & Mark.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.......

Comment

Hard boil them and wrap them in Parma ham. Dip in celery salt and eat WHOLE!

Comment

I have 3 Bobwhite quail, Ive had for 4 months now and the two hens started laying, wasnt sure what to do with the eggs, so I borrowed a neighbors incubator, started with 14 eggs, 23 days later they started hatching, hatched 8 , lost 2 so far, they are only 5 days old, so we will see how they do, I returned the incubator, and now have 37 eggs, my incubator should be in a couple of days. The adult birds are easy to care for.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X