Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...im spreading my way across the forum now.my mrs got 5 chickens on saturday then asks (tells) me to build a chicken house on sunday! Took a few hours but i did it!!! Im no carpenter so be kind!
    Attached Files

Comment

Chicken run now complete

Hi again
      At long last I have got the chicken run finally constructed and the girls are over joyed with there new des res. It is also great that I can walk in and attend to all that needs to be done without breaking my old back and getting stuck when I was kneeling to reach in to the old run.
      I now feel that I can get to see the girls better and they are easier to catch when they need to be attended to. We are now getting to know each a whole lot better!!!!
      The photos attached are just to show the run and my very very happy girls.
      Thanks for all the help with all the other posts in the past.

(if the photos don't show I will try again)

Sandra
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks sturdy bretty666. Does it have any ventilation? they may fry in the summer....

Comment

Here is the house external doesn't look good as front used to be a dog kennel, then I had to build a porch over the door way to stop all the rain blowing in all the time. But the rest of it is newly built.

Here is there run, also known as our orchard. They have a little pop hole out the back of the orchard so they can free range.

Here is the rest of there run
          Attached Files

Comment

No foxes on the Isle of Mull! Lucky thing!
            Last edited by Scarlet; 07-07-2014, 07:31 AM.

Comment

No foxes. But we do have otter, mink and eagles.
              Otter & mink are very partial to chicken ( I have lost birds to both). You have to be very unlucky to lose a chicken to an eagle.

Comment

I have lost one hen twice to an (unknown) bird of prey - taken from the garden and dropped injured in the road. Third time I think she had a heart attack, dead and uninjured apart from some feathers plucked.
                Your situation looks idyllic!

Comment

Are you sure it was taken by a bird? It would have to be a very big bird to actually take a hen and fly with it???!

Comment

Yes, it was a bantam and it had the same injury around its head both times where it was held by the talon.

Comment

Wow these are all very nice and given me lots of ideas how to build my first coop

Thanks Andy
                      All My Spare Time Is Spent On The Plot .. Gardening Is What I Love To Do..
                      sigpic

Comment

My Septagon coop made from doors! Added high level pop hole and ladder later!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Snadger; 18-12-2014, 07:13 PM.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

................and the coop I a'SPIRE' to.

I reckon this could be made from pallet wood!

Attached Files
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My 1st Run & Coop

Progress id say 50% lol

what do you guys think
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andiwiddow View Post
                              what do you guys think
                              Looks very solid. Are they going to live in the shed?

Comment

yes they are going to live in shed need to finish that off trying to get run finished this is how it looks today

all wire on 2 sides is on and secure just need to fill front in and build door
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X