No announcement yet.

mash or pellets?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They'll be going in with the other hybrids shortly anyway. They've had a bit of a traumatic time (chookily speaking) as they started off in the present coop then as they were constantly standing out in the wind and rain I moved them into the greenhouse with free range time, then the boss hen had to be culled, changing the group dynamics and now its been drier and sunny, I've moved them back into original coop next to the hybrids run ready to integrate. The only constant in their little lives is their dish of mash! And 2 of them are laying!

Comment

Originally posted by Strawberry delight View Post
      I'm going to be getting some ex-commercial ones (which were free range) and were fed on mash. Will they easily convert to pellets, as they seem to be the way to go!
      Mine caught on to pellets rather quickly, Started off with mash, then slowly upped the percentage pellets that I mixed into the mash until it was all pellets, didn't take long. The second batch learnt from the first batch without needing mash at all
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
        Mine caught on to pellets rather quickly, Started off with mash, then slowly upped the percentage pellets that I mixed into the mash until it was all pellets, didn't take long. The second batch learnt from the first batch without needing mash at all
        All my previous ones have got the message very fast it's just this group!

Comment

Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
          All my previous ones have got the message very fast it's just this group!
          That's why I thought maybe adding a 'teacher' to show them how it's done...... If they go in with the rest before they have learned how to use the facilities, they could get rather hungry!
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X