Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Essential storecupboard ingredients for keeping chooks?

Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here, my dose is measured as two 'sloshes' per drinker no ill effects noticed!

Comment

Thx, I'm assuming it's something to do with pasteurisation then. The stuff in the supermarket was indeed expensive, even though it's local! So I'll visit our nearest cider farmer and see if he sells vinegar too, and failing that I'll ask on the anglo info forum if anyone knows of a local horse supply place - there must be one somewhere cos there are stables around! And 'sloshing' sounds great, a bit like the way I cook really...
      sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

..I've started using vitamins and a probiotic for spells of cold weather. No idea if its helping but was recommended it as a 'pick me up'.....(for the hens).

If it works I'll try it myself.
        Last edited by jessmorris; 28-02-2013, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I've given mine a dose of yoghurt recently as I noticed a sticky botty. A wash and brush up sorted it too.
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

i also use Jays fluid for cleaning the hutch, i steam clean 3 times a year, loads of diatom.
            i have drops that i put on the back of the chickens neck to keep mite's away, the vets i use make me some up for £2.00.
            apple cider, meal worms a must as they adore them, pasta and rice as a treat they just adore.
            flubenvet i use 2 twice a year.
            antibiotic spray for any cuts.
            wood shavings for their bedding.
            Rita

Comment

New chicken lady

I have read all your suggestions for the lady in France, but can you educate me on some of the products you have talked about.
              Apple Cider Vinegar: why the horse kind and not the household kind, what is the difference. And how much and how often.

Hot mash: I have heard of this ( my grand dad made it when I was a child) but how on earth do you make it.

I am new to poultry keeping and am really interested on any tips.
              Last edited by lee's mum; 03-07-2013, 11:25 AM. Reason: mistake wanted to start new thread

Comment

..just thought this thread may be of interest???

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...oks_62408.html
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X