No announcement yet.

Flubenvet Pellets

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call my hybrids Heinzers Err, 35 I think, but I always forget someone without writing them down. So a 20kg bag goes sharpish
    Pellets would be a lot easier than mixing flubenvet powder into pellets. Is it the same concentration?

Yup, forgot to count the geese
    Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
      Marans Now I am said again, can I steal some?
      Heinz - are you bean teasing me again G4?
      Had four Marans; two Copper Blacks and two Cuckoo, bought as PoL. One Cuckoo died just after coming into lay - no idea why, just stopped eating. We nursed her but she just gave up. Heinz are the mixed batch of eggs that one of my batties hatched last summer. We rehomed one boy, ate two, and the fox got the rest, bar the little white scatty one.

It happens to all of us you know.
      Last edited by Glutton4...; 04-11-2011, 09:40 PM.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

We've got between 70 and 80 at the moment ............ numbers slowly dropping as the meat birds get processed (got another 18 to do). Core numbers sit around the 50 mark.

Comment

Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
          We've got between 70 and 80 at the moment ............ numbers slowly dropping as the meat birds get processed (got another 18 to do). Core numbers sit around the 50 mark.
          I saw about fifty birds outside Omlet yesterday, walking to the woods and up/down the muck piles. They looked so happy strutting their stuff. Was very tempted to find space
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            Had four Marans; two Copper Blacks and two Cuckoo, bought as PoL. One Cuckoo died just after coming into lay - no idea why, just stopped eating. We nursed her but she just gave up. Heinz are the mixed batch of eggs that one of my batties hatched last summer. We rehomed one boy, ate two, and the fox got the rest, bar the little white scatty one.

It happens to all of us you know.
            Madeline was a copper black and her little leg and face feathers were all growing back through. I will definitely have more Marans - lovely temperament.
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
              Madeline was a copper black and her little leg and face feathers were all growing back through. I will definitely have more Marans - lovely temperament.
              I think the Copper Black is the nicest looking; my really pretty one is called 'Pretty Girl!' The other is 'Chatterbox' as she always runs over and tells me the gossip of the day - I never understand a word of it, but always have a great conversation with her!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Madeline used to talk to me and vice versa. That's why I miss her so much. She was like my shadow my little feathery friend. I regret not being able to save her and always will.

Comment

My biggest regrets were a splash orpington called Moonshine. Got her through the mycro then despite anti-biotics lost her to a simple infection when she trod on something sharp and cut her foot. She was a quiet hen who loved cuddles, and was my shadow.
                  And Hilly, daughter of an ex-bat, named after Edmund Hillery the explorer, she helped with absoloutely everything I did, and told me all the gossip. Hated cuddles, but was so underfoot. (She's the one on the wheelbarrow in my avatar pic) Mr Fox got her, my friend the gamekeeper got him, but wish I'd asked him to call around sooner.
                  I've got a pair of Copper Blacks, the boy is simply stunning. She's quite flighty.
                  Funnily when I had Shine her sister Moonshadow was always standoffish with me, now she seems to pop up everywhere I go....
                  Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

My daughter wants a copper black boy need a small holding first

Comment

Originally posted by its hilly View Post
                      My biggest regrets were a splash orpington called Moonshine. Got her through the mycro then despite anti-biotics lost her to a simple infection when she trod on something sharp and cut her foot. She was a quiet hen who loved cuddles, and was my shadow.
                      And Hilly, daughter of an ex-bat, named after Edmund Hillery the explorer, she helped with absoloutely everything I did, and told me all the gossip. Hated cuddles, but was so underfoot. (She's the one on the wheelbarrow in my avatar pic) Mr Fox got her, my friend the gamekeeper got him, but wish I'd asked him to call around sooner.
                      I've got a pair of Copper Blacks, the boy is simply stunning. She's quite flighty.
                      Funnily when I had Shine her sister Moonshadow was always standoffish with me, now she seems to pop up everywhere I go....
                      Hate foxes. It's worse when you've pulled them around and then they slip again...group hug xx

Comment

We've a Copper Black, called Penny, not laying yet. Just the one girl, the other five from the hatch were boys and we swapped them for a hybrid hen who looks like a feathered football. She has a constantly dirty bottom and I'm hoping that's going to be cured by the Flubenvet pellets......otherwise she's lovely and, for such a little chook, lays a huge egg every day.

Saw a lovely chook at the garden centre yesterday, a little Black Rock. I was seriously tempted because she was all alone....but £37? Thirty seven pounds Who're they kidding?

Jules

Jules
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X