Flubenvet Pellets

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flubenvet Pellets

Not being able to get any Flubenvet at a reasonable price, I've ordered some of the Marriage's pellets that already contain it. Anyone tried these?

They're coming on Monday and, as my chickens are on the same large piece of ground I thought they'd be handy to have as our girls will need more frequent worming. I'll need to check the use by date, see how long they'll keep for.

Jules
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

I've been using them a while now - pobably the last 3 or 4 wormings. They're really good. Only thing is with the medication in the use by date is usually quite short. Its not a problem for me as I can use them in just over a week. I use the bag till its all gone.

Comment

Gosh Sue - that must equal a lot of chooks!
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Yes, I have used them. However, my local stockist doesn't have the relevant qualification required to enable them to sell it, so they had to discontinue stocking it until they can get someone sent on a course! Daft innit!?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          Gosh Sue - that must equal a lot of chooks!
          My lot get through a bag a week.

Comment

You need to go on a course to scan the barcode or type the price into a till it seems, cos most of the young things that work in our local aggri place have no idea when you ask a question. The first time I asked about Flube powder, the girly got a leaflet off the shelf and read it - something I could've done myself!

I was wondering whether they'd last for two wormings, given that we worm every two months instead of three.

Jules
            Jules

Comment

I've used them and found them a really economical way of worming my flock. I just used them until they were gone.
              If I remember rightly they were only about 9 quid for a 20KG bag delivered!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Where was that from Snadger?
                They sound like a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Newtothis View Post
                  Where was that from Snadger?
                  They sound like a good idea.
                  W & H Marriage & Sons Ltd » Search Results » flubenvet

Comment

My 20kg sack has just cost £17.60 including delivery. There aren't any stockists near me.

Jules
                    Jules

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                      I've used them and found them a really economical way of worming my flock. I just used them until they were gone.
                      If I remember rightly they were only about 9 quid for a 20KG bag delivered!
                      Blimey, they quoted £17 per 20 kilo bag for delivery to me.

Comment

I got Flubenvet powder for £12 a pot from CWS near Tutbury. The horsey place up in Ashby sells it for £18. Bonkers isn't it. They all know nothing about hens when I ask either.
                        I am sure you ladies on here could write a chicken health and management book - I would buy it. There's a gap in the market here for such knowledge as yours'.
                        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                          My lot get through a bag a week.
                          Cor! How many do you people have? I stress over 2-4! Can't imagine having many times that to fret over. Damned fizz bangs are going off around here tonight - well a mile away perhaps and I keep going out to listen to the coop.

Comment

Currently around 24 assorted fowl; Batties, Marans, Orpingtons, Heinz and Geese.

Comment

Marans Now I am said again, can I steal some?
                              Heinz - are you bean teasing me again G4?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X