I hope it's not here we go again...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope it's not here we go again...

OK sitting watching girls outside in new run, gentle introductions. We are about three hours in and I have noticed Sage pulling her neck in whilst standing, eyes closing slightly, she then stretched her neck out and opened her beak wide. She has done this twice now. She is in moult so lots of preening too. I know I probably sound paranoid now and I have seen where this an be crop rearrangement, dreaded Mycoplasma or Gape. I can't believe it's the latter as they were all wormed only six weeks ago. Would it hurt to do this again so soon? She has eaten but is not eating as much. She is a Cream Legbar - medium sized breed to the Marans. She appears fine but will not let me go near her and I do not want to cause her stress. Baytril, Tylan, vet?
    Am really worried, all over again.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

It's normal, don't worry. As you say, it is a sort of crop rearrangement, food passing into the gizzard etc. Make sure there is plenty of grit accessible to help digestion.

Comment

OK RH thanks. I will give extra. I mix their grit into their food every day and they pick it up when free ranging - they like to pick it up out of the plant pots. I feel so stressed over this and I swear they are sensing it. They spent most of yesterday walking under my chair. Note to self...calm down Andrea!
      Thanks again.
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X