Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Laydeez got extra corn yesterday - they gave me fifteen eggs!! FIFTEEN!!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Feeling rather fed up with the white fluffy dog. He has been really good since he came home from kennels. Hasn't bothered going under the fence. Has just enjoyed himself running around with the other dogs. Not today tho. We were busy messing with the electric fencing and next thing I hear the chooks. He's out and chasing the rooster again. Poor Frank. The dog doesn't bite him, but he chases him turning him all the time so poor Frank is beside himself. Once the dog was removed and shutup, poor Frank was still running. Tried to get him back to the chook house, but he just ran past the girls and off up the paddock. He's back again and in the house with his girls, but I'm really not happy about this dog. Back on his lead tomorrow if he's out!
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• He's a little s*d isn't he, Feral. Hope he zaps his nose on the leccy fence!

Comment

• 2 wyandottes sold today to a lovely home. That just leaves 2 silkies in the stock reduction area to go and 6 cockerels for the pot!
          Last edited by petal; 10-02-2013, 05:29 PM. Reason: put post in wrong place.

Comment

• Just slightly

Comment

• I wish G4! For some reason he never seems to get zapped! So annoying. The kelpie's are fence cautious but not him! Insulated the little b*gger!
              Ali

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Comment

• Well, off to the northampton poultry show tomorrow with:rouen duck male, 2 lakenvelder bantams, white frizzle pekin boy, trio lf gold brahmas, frizzle pekin girl, chamois thuringian bantam boy, salmon faverolle hen, buff orpington boy, apricot call duck girl.
                Might post some pictures of fun and antics as its bath time for this lot later!!!

Comment

• Wow I can't imagine having to bath them!

On the down side one of the Tic Tacs is now obviously going to turn into a rooster. Why is it so hard to work out what they are when they are little. I'm getting a tad sick of feeding roosters for a month or two and then swapping them, for maybe another one!
                  Ali

Comment

• taking a break - they have 5 more bantams to do. our pride and joy has bald patches on his neck where the hybrids keep pulling his feathers out but apart from that he is beautiful!

Comment

• Good luck tomorrow Petal.

We have spent today setting up a new run for the Cream Legbars - they are going to love it. It has been such a gorgeous Spring day. Yesterday gave my geese a fresh bath and boy did they enjoy it. Also gave the drake a clean bath too (he has a separate one as he is scared of the geese). I stood watching them all bathing and honking/quacking and having a whale of a time. The geriatric banties also made it down to the barn and were bathing in the piles of sawdust produced from my husband's log cutting. It was lovely to see everyone having such a lovely time and enjoying the warmer weather.

Comment

• Aaaaawww, now I miss my Geese! I used to love watching their antics when I had changed their 'bath' water. They have a lovely home now, far better than I gave them, but I do miss them. When they went, I donated the 'bath' (upturned Land Rover roof!) to a friend for his Goose - apparently she went potty the first time she saw it, and kept turning over and over in the water!

Oh, and, good luck tomorrow, Petal!

Comment

• Good luck petal

Went to a sale today & came back with 2 oeh hens

Comment

• my daughter preparing finishing touches to a brahma!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Best of luck Petal!
                              Ali

Comment

• Are you ready?!!!!My son's 'lakenvelders' both came 3rd in the rare breeds section against fierce competition, his salmon faverolle was first in the faverolle section- he can't enter the juniors anymore so its more difficult for him.. my little girl got best junior handler with her buff orpington boy, her home bred white call duck gained her best junior entry(and there were LOADS!!) her pekin frizzles were both first in their sections, her chamois thuringian was first as junior bantam, her slightly young tbh rouen drake (the mean, ill tempered b****r) was first and best waterfowl in show and her gold brahmas were first in large fowl trio- not as a junior entry. I am bushed!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X