Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would say the head shot of the Jubilee looks like a cock - purely going by the comb and wattle development. Can't tell any more from the second pic. Going by the second pic of the Buffs I would hazard a guess at the middle, paler one being a boy, the other two girls. The very reddish one does not look like a pure Buff though, not only does she not have the correct colouring she also has a less "rounded" shape characteristic of Orps, but it may well be my eyes and/or the photo.

Comment

• They are all lovely big soft birds, and very nice natured, nowhere near as aggressive as the Batts and Marans. I thought the Jubilees were boys to start with, but they have straight tails, like the Batts, so I wasn't sure, and they don't appear to have narrow pointed hackle feathers.

With the Buffs, the big 'Blondie' and the odd one, both have droopy tails, the third one has a straight tail, like the Jubilees. The odd-coloured one has longer, narrower hackle feathers, so I was sure that was a boy also. The supplier of the Buffs did have other colours, so one could have strayed!

I guess I'll carry on waiting for eggs or crowing!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Big Blondie deffo looks like a laddo to me hun....
        Little ol' me

Has just bagged a Lottie!
        Oh and the chickens are taking over my garden!
        FIL and MIL - http://vegblogs.co.uk/chubbly/

Comment

• OMG!! how funny.

My sebright cock is trying to cockerdoodeldoo! He is so small and his has such little squeaky voice!! sounds about like that annoying sound people make when they let a balloon down pulling the nozzle bit tight, if you get me drift!!!
          Little ol' me

Has just bagged a Lottie!
          Oh and the chickens are taking over my garden!
          FIL and MIL - http://vegblogs.co.uk/chubbly/

Comment

• Aww bless him!

My big news is ...WE GOT THIRD PRIZE!!!! at our local poultry club show, for a 7 month old Amrock hen. Yay! My silver pencilled wyandotte pullet would have come first (!) but she has a twisted tail....

So, all that blow drying yesterday morning was worth it after all!

JM

Comment

• I was thinking the other day that my Welsummer is so beautiful she ought to win prizes. Anyway I decided to dust off the camera and take a few piccies. Before I got a chance she has decided to moult. Only prize she would win this week would be scruffiest hen. In one day she's shed enough feathers to make another hen and her tail has just one feather left that just looks plain silly!

Comment

• LOL - My usually glamorous Cockerel, Asbo, has no tail, patchy wings, hardly any hackles, and he obviously knows that he looks a mess - instead of yelling his head off all day 'Look at me! Look at me!' he crows about twice a day, and keeps his head down the rest of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jessmorris View Post
                  ...My big news is ...WE GOT THIRD PRIZE!!!! at our local poultry club show....

So, all that blow drying yesterday morning was worth it after all!...
                  You washed and blow-dried a Chook! Well, I guess that's normal - done it with Dogs and Horses, but I just never thought of doing it to a Chook! lol Well done you!

Comment

• Blondie I'm not sure about, the red one I think definitely boy!
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                      You washed and blow-dried a Chook! Well, I guess that's normal - done it with Dogs and Horses, but I just never thought of doing it to a Chook! lol Well done you!
                      Hmm, not sure about the 'normal' bit...also vaselined his comb and wattles ;-) and scrubbed his legs and feet with a nail brush. he quite liked the blow drying bit....
                      Last edited by jessmorris; 04-10-2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jessmorris View Post
                        Hmm, not sure about the 'normal' bit...also vaselined his comb and wattles ;-) and scrubbed his legs and feet with a nail brush. he quite liked the blow drying bit....
                        Obviously in touch with his feminine side!

Comment

• PMSL

*Wanders off, still sniggering...

Comment

• Oh lordy, what's PMSL G4 (sorry, I dont keep up with these acronyms.............) ;-))

Comment

• having an 'accident' through laughing too much....
                              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• Going to get oh to fence the wildlife pond off today. Silly young white silkie jumped in this morning- we have rescued her with a warm bath and blow drying. She is now called stinky.
                                What the heck does pmsl mean?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X