No announcement yet.

Going rate for those selling their eggs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i must say that why do we as poultry keepers insist on under cutting the supermarket?

what we have here is a superior product, tended to and worth every penny? the supermarket eggs are maybe free range, but they are produced in a mass production system, the chooks dont get the individual attention. i would not be ashamed to put my prices to that of the supermarket or even slightly higher as your customer not only gets their eggs, but they get a great service and customer care. customer care and experience is not something you get automatically at the supermarket, its an optional extra!

so dont try and undersell the supermarket, you are underselling your laydees!
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

I buy ours from across the road - £1 per 1/2 dozen, money in their honesty box, egg box returned.

If they've not got any then we've a certified organic farm down the road and they charge £1.80 per 1/2 doz.

To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

£1 for 6 here too. I have a notice in the window of the porch (we live on the roadside) and when we don't have enough to sell the notice gets turned to read 'sorry no eggs available today). I seem to have enough sales and it helps with the cost of the feed. Everyone brings back their boxes and a few friends who sometimes buy eggs elsewhere bring me boxes too.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

It's nice to know the hens are self-sustained in terms of costs to buy food. I calculated that £1.50 for 6 is enough for this to happen, considering I only sell about a dozen per week.

I need to find a cheaper source for food though, paying £10 for 20kg of layers pellets just now!

Comment

Originally posted by glasgowdan View Post
            I need to find a cheaper source for food though, paying £10 for 20kg of layers pellets just now!
            Kin 'ell GD - that's extortionate! £6.38 a bag round here! I won't be complaining about the price any longer.....
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by glasgowdan View Post
              it's nice to know the hens are self-sustained in terms of costs to buy food. I calculated that £1.50 for 6 is enough for this to happen, considering i only sell about a dozen per week.

can you check your private messages,left instructions to save you money

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFS View Post
                can you check your private messages,left instructions to save you money
                I like this post, saving money....and instructions all in the same paragraph - I reckon you will be PM'ing everyone if you can save us all money

I charge £1 for 6, although I have one lady that gives me a little on top to buy the chucks a treat! so they get an apple when that happens!
                Last edited by tlck9; 06-04-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

£1.50 per 1/2 dozen...although my neighbours give £1.75 per 1.2 dozen because that's the price they pay for shop eggs and our are so much nicer (their own words!) lol
                  I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X