No announcement yet.

Going rate for those selling their eggs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a couple of friends who sell and they both go for £1 for half a dozen and have no problems selling so could probably charge more.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

mine sell for £1 a half dozen to the close neighbours,and now that we have let it be known that we have some more for sale,we dont have enough chooks,we have 7 birds and we could now sell a regular order of6/7 dozen per week qiute easily,so we have decided to enlarge the coop,enlarge their freeroaming area and get 3 more birds(more names to think of)...so thats more fun for the spring...

Comment

I'm the cheapest so far at 50p per 1/2 dozen!
        Most people round here keep a few chickens so there's not much demand - shame if there was I'd be getting more hens.

Comment

I do £1.50 per dozen hens eggs, and 90p a dozen bantam. So fairly cheap, compared to a lot of you. However, I'm in a very rural area, not many people about, and quite a few have their own chickens so not a huge customer base. Had a good customer last year who bought a fair few eggs, loved them so much she wanted to buy the chickens. I sold her some pullets and now she is getting enough eggs and doesn't need to buy from me any more!!!

Comment

on the bright side, the more that keep a few chooks,the less demand for batt eggs,and i think thats something we all want...

Comment

I'm charging £1.50 per doz if they bring their own box £2.00 otherwise. And on the understanding that they will be mainly med size (as in supermarket med) but could also have a banty egg in per 6. No complaints so far.
              And its first come first serve, cos a couple of my mates were a bit inclined to say 'oh can you keep me some eggs' then not turn up for three days cos they were busy. I've still got eggs left over what I need, but as I keep filling the inci and it gives me enough for that when needed I dont want to sell more yet.
              Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Marans eggs sell here for 3Euro for 6 !!! ( apparently they are James Bond's favourite eggs!)
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

£1 for six here to, have a few 'regulars' and now they are laying well i take em to work and OH does too. Loads of people give me their empty egg boxes so dont need to worry there
                  The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

It costs me 7 pence per egg box but since I started to write 'Please return' on the top in felt tip pen quite a few are returning their egg boxes!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I forgot to mention that occasionally I get the odd golden egg... these retail around £120 but I can normally supply them for around £90, depending on the time of year.

All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                      For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Originally posted by matthew2riches View Post
                        I forgot to mention that occasionally I get the odd golden egg... these retail around £120 but I can normally supply them for around £90, depending on the time of year.

Depending on what weight they are I'm sure you're underselling yourself even at £120!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

A neighbour sells hers at 80p for six. But her Hens have a pen, and hardly any space. I've been selling mine at £1 for six, but several people told me they are far too cheap, as mine are free-range. So, at Christmas I put them up to £1.20 for six, as I had more demand than eggs to supply, but that didn't put anyone off!

My MIL told me 'proper' free-range eggs go for £1.60 - £1.80 in the Supermarket, and I was far too cheap! Mr. G. sells them at work, and they're queueing up for them!

As for the boxes, I write 'please return box' on the lid, and most of them come back. I haven't even had to open the packet of boxes I bought on eBay a year ago!
                          Last edited by Glutton4...; 04-04-2010, 01:48 PM.
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

£1 = 6 here too.
                            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

We started selling ours at £1.50 for 6 and cannot keep up with demand! Better to start high than to start low and raise prices later!

Comment

Originally posted by glasgowdan View Post
                                Better to start high than to start low and raise prices later!
                                That pretty much sums it up!
                                All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                                For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X