No announcement yet.

Just a few... wanna see em?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooh we'll get to see a pic of Mr G too maybe, does he look like Gordon Ramsay...... *runs and ducks for cover

Turkey bum would have been our candidate but she's grown a few feathers and just looks scruffy now, I'll see what we end up with on Jan 10th
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Nope he looks nothing like Gordon Ramsey LOL

At the moment he's down the pit, under his Landy changing the transfer box - him n his mate look like a pair of oily rags. That reminds me, they prolly want anuvver brew...
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Well done - and what lucky laydees they are! Big stable, all their own. Landed on their feet eh?
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

OK, here's a couple of pics of Oven-Ready, as she's now known. I cornered her in a cardboard box for the close-up. She's not pretty, you have been warned!
          Attached Files

Comment

Bless oven ready there G4

here's noodle. It snowed a few days after we got noodle too
            Attached Files
            Last edited by RedThorn; 31-12-2009, 07:27 PM.
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

I've said it before and doubtless will many times again but how the he.. does a civilised society allow this to go on legally. In any other species the RSPCA and other so-called animal welfare groups would be prosecuting the perpetrators but hey "they're only chickens" It makes me MAD!
              Sorry folks but it does - reminds me of my Yolko and Doris - will post piccies one day. So good luck little Oven Ready - looking forward to seeing next stage G4.

Comment

They change so quickly though - once they're 'out.' I was looking through my first pics of the original ones from a year ago, and I can't recognise any of them from the pics. I'll get some more leg rings for ID purposes, and keep tabs on the worst ones. It'll be interesting to follow their progress.

Comment

I think more of the "general public" should see the state these poor girls are in! There'd surely be far less call for cheap eggs if they knew what was going on. I had some girls just like these back in June/July, and they're all looking fabulous now. My daughter also had some and was visited by the animal welfare officer who was so shocked that she was going to report Becci for mistreating her chooks . Once it was explained to her that they'd only been out of the battery system for less than a week, and by RSPCA and DEFRA standards it was acceptable, the officer was satisfied but she insisted on coming back for a re-visit a month later. She had another shock at the next visit when she saw how much they'd improved
                  My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

So Aunty Mo, they are happy to want to report your daughter but let the battery farmers get away with it? Double standards! Huurrmph! Glad she showed them a thing or two and hopefully they'll think a bit!
                    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Maureen, that makes me really cross! As Steve said, double standards - it really isn't good-enough!

Comment

Aww...bless them.
                        Well done you peeps for giving them a chance in life. xx

( that's really upset me to be honest- thanks for posting.)
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

For that very reason Maureen, I notified our allotment officer when I got my first ex-batts, as I thought some busybody might report them. She was so appalled that she took a whole lot of BHWT posters and leaflets and distributed them around the council offices!

Comment

Jeepers G4 that one is worse than turkey bum was

Even worse though the 'government' b*@s%*$ds have called for a release from the ruling that batteries be closed down as 12 years hasn't been long enough for battery farms to adapt - read in the papers yesterday
                            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I've had in idea;

Picture of Oven Ready on a tee shirt with a slogan, along the lines of this is a Battery Hen - I hope your cheap eggs give you indigestion!

Yes, I'm cr*p at slogans, so suggestions on here please, you lovely peeps!

I've put them all together now, there was a bit of squabbling, but not too much, and they've got plenty of room. It's sooo funny watching a newly released Chook learning to run - it's a very fast Goose-step - hilarious

Here's a pic or two of them all together in their new run. Well the non-grass section of it anyway. Spot the intruder!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Gorgeous cat G4, just love oriental cats.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X