Help! Found 4 ducklings in drive

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROFL

Frias CB has a wicked sense of humour for a newly turned 12 year old.....

Aunty Mo can I borrow your water wings

They've survived the night and are really happy with a lamp that is not really a heat lamp but does throw lots of heat and snuggled up to mummy duck.

They prefer their food almost watery and are getting used to it.

Land Rover roof not an option his lordship wants the one that's currently on the 'shed'
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Can you find an old bath that's being chucked out in a skip somewhere? Put a plug in it and it should be lovely for them (easy to empty and clean too I should think!)

As for my water-wings - no, they're ....................... oooooops sorry, better not go there!!!!
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

The ducks hatched at my daughter's school many years ago were weaned from their diet of mush by floating lettuce and water-cress leaves in their paddling pool.
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Well, I'm gonna try to get them on dry chick crumb asap they're bladdy messy, throwing it all over the place, my freezer got splattered and all over the granite worksurface, they've adopted the surrogate maduck and have spent a while trying to get her to wake up
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

LOL. Any chance of daily piccies please? I love ducklings
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

For Shirl

Ignore the messy bowl that's the second yukky one today Will have to throw those towels in the wash tonight as well. Daily bedding change methinks - are chicks this messy???????
              Attached Files
              Hayley B

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                Well, I'm gonna try to get them on dry chick crumb asap they're bladdy messy, throwing it all over the place, my freezer got splattered and all over the granite worksurface, they've adopted the surrogate maduck and have spent a while trying to get her to wake up
                Not the standard medicated chick crumbs though!

Comment

oh yes, chicken chicks ARE that messy
                  My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Thanks for the pics. When I was pregnant in 1995 with younger son, there were baby duckies on the lake next to our office. Every time the office door was propped open to let some air circulate the quackies came in to see if we had bread for them
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

I've heard that ducklings are unbelievably messy and that you should remove their food and water overnight otherwise the mess you wake up to is breathtaking.

Comment

Sounds like our kittens! They get catlitter everywhere during the night. I'd love to remove it, but the consequences wouldn't be worth thinking about

Beautiful duckie piccies!

Jules
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

The chick crunb is cocci free, it's smallholder range. His Lordship is in love and CB is too. They are very funny little characters. We have ascertained they are probably two weeks old.
                          Hayley B

Comment

Ducklings don't need to swim but do need water to dip their heads into while feeding. A small dog bowl will do.
                            If they are mallards they will take off when the fancy takes them, probably when around twelve weeks old.

Comment

P.S. please don't clip their wings, that would be like tethering a young fox or keeping a badger in a crate!

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
                                P.S. please don't clip their wings, that would be like tethering a young fox or keeping a badger in a crate!
                                I was thinking that they could probably be re-released into the wild once they were capable of fending for themselves. I'd take advice about it from a reputable wildlife charity though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X