No announcement yet.

Calamity averted - hopefully!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maureen, thanks for the piccies - are the Vorwerk ones still ugly now they are fluffy?

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
    You should have seen the DD's barn owls as chicks....they were incredibly ugly. Inca has all of her feathers now, and is so beautiful, but Boogie is a little behind and is still half fluff half feather.
    Now, do you really think you can type that and get away without being asked for piccies?
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
      Yes, they really are sweet Got another Vorwerk during the night, but they're definitely not as pretty as the others. Only a mother could love them
      Have you ever seen a very young parrot? Now THAT'S ugly!
      Last edited by Suechooks; 12-06-2009, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
        Maureen, thanks for the piccies - are the Vorwerk ones still ugly now they are fluffy?
        The Vorwerks have fluffed up now but their down is much finer than the others so you can see the skin underneath. They've prettied up a bit now though
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

A quick update on the incubator problem I had that started this thread

I contacted the eBay seller and told him what had happened. Excellent communication with him, said that condensation might have caused the thermostat to play up. Today I've received free of charge a replacement thermostat and all the fixings too So, if anyone is thinking of buying a little incubator then I'll highly recommend this seller

Comment

Whats the total tally then Maureen?
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

OH you're so lucky, new babies in the house, lovely.

Comment

Total tally in the broody box at the moment is 4. 1 more has pipped and I think there's another one that'll hatch. As for the other 12 - zilch I think

Comment

Total tally in the broody box at the moment is 4. 1 more has pipped and I think there's another one that'll hatch. As for the other 12 - zilch I think

Can you candle the other 12?

Jules
                  Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Any more pics Aunty Mo, I wanna see a close up of the vorwerks, and are you widening the chook house doors for the JG?
                    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I'm going to candle the remaining 7 tonight, see what's what. I've got 3 Vorwerks now so I'll take some pics of them later. The 2 in the broody box have slight colouration differences on their heads so might be a boy and a girl - I'll know when one or both start crowing

There's already a big wide pop-hole on the big coop (3 hens can get out at the same time!) so I think JG might be able to waddle through
                      Last edited by MaureenHall; 12-06-2009, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I've not got much finger nails left with all these shenanigins! .... well did the candling reveal anything?
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

The candling revealed 2 possibles (good air space and very dark in the other part) and I'm fairly sure that the others aren't going to be any good. However, since it's only my second go at incubating and I'm not 100% sure, I'm leaving them all there till Sunday night just in case

Comment

All Very Eggciting.....

.......waiting for the next eggstallment!

Jules
                            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

There's already a big wide pop-hole on the big coop (3 hens can get out at the same time!) so I think JG might be able to waddle through
                              ROFL, she'll have to be called Babs after the fatty in Chicken Run
                              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                                .......waiting for the next eggstallment!

Jules
                                Next eggstallment now. In the picture, left to right, Black Minorca, Verwork, Verwork, Jersey Giant (standing guard over the food!) and Verwork. The Verworks are quite pretty now they've properly dried out and fluffed up

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                                ROFL, she'll have to be called Babs after the fatty in Chicken Run
                                Or Bobs if it's a boy
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X