Calamity averted - hopefully!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're lovely, Mo.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Oh my gosh...they don't come much cuter than that!

You'll need to start a chick diary so we can all follow their progress. Hard to believe they go from fuzzy chicks to laying hens in just a few months.

Just gorgeous!

Jules
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I've got a sort of picture diary of the Wellies, so no doubt this little lot will have to pose for photos too on a weekly basis Have I posted a picture of Rowan recently? Anyway, he's my Welsummer cockerel, 3 months old and so lovely, eats out of my hand, stands on my knee when I'm sitting in the run at treat time. It's all cupboard love though
        Attached Files
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

He's gorgeous too, Mo. The more I look at photos of young cockerels, the more I'm convinced that my Rhodies must all be girls, they're 16 weeks and have absolutely no comb or wattle development, they've just started to turn red in the face (sunburn? ) but apart from growing bigger there seems to be no obvious development. I did think I heard one trying to crow, I thought it was Rosie, OH thought it was Sadie, but later it seemed that Dotsie was the most likely culprit so that's how difficult it's proving. Now we're completely confused as every cockerel photo that I've ever seen it seems to be obvious from a youngish age, but Rhodie owners do say they're difficult to sex.
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Even Rhodies should be showing by now! Any chance of piccies?

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
              Next eggstallment now. In the picture, left to right, Black Minorca, Verwork, Verwork, Jersey Giant (standing guard over the food!) and Verwork. The Verworks are quite pretty now they've properly dried out and fluffed up

Or Bobs if it's a boy
              Had to look twice there............I thought you'd put a tub of meat and tatties in for there dinner!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I love JG looks like he's decided his spot anyway!

Comment

Babs/Bobs is not letting anyone near the food, no way no how, they are so sweet and the Vs are pretty....
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

The chicks at 2 and a half weeks

I just thought I'd post an updated picture of my little chicks They're getting to that "scruffy" stage. JG (Jersey Giant) is the dark one in the middle, BM (Black Minorca) is at the back, can just see the white ears coming through, and the Vorwerks are certainly a lot prettier than when they first hatched - gosh they were ugly then!!
                    Attached Files
                    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Maureen, they are lovely. Can't wait to see if any of mine actually hatch

Comment

I love their long legs...they look like storks almost.

Daisy (our Marsh Daisy) is still leggy. I think she's a lot younger than the 17 weeks I was told. I think she's probably nearer 15 weeks. Morag is also supposed to be 17 weeks and the size difference is very noticeable.

Keep us updated with pics, please!

Jules
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

It's amazing how quick they grow our ducklings are twice the size of a week ago..
                          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X