Broody Hens...Help

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walldanzig View Post
    I moved her last night the nest box is an old shoe box. She is so broody I just lifted the shoe box hen and all and put it in the old rabbit hutch. She never shifted. I have put some water in there and also some food not sure what else I can do
    Perfect!

Comment

With all these 'broody' threads, I'm starting to wonder whether it is the hens going broody, or the Grapes......
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
        With all these 'broody' threads, I'm starting to wonder whether it is the hens going broody, or the Grapes......
        I'll have to take up knitting methinks..........
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

As this is the first time I have ever let broody hens hatch chicks I was hoping for a little bit of advice I work all day so only see the chickens first thing and last thing. But the broody ones always seem to be in the nest boxes. So I force them out or would they go out of their own accord. I am a natural born worrier so any input would be greatly appreciated

Comment

OK- sorry- not been on much over the weekend ( as usual!)...are you wanting more advice???...I'm happy to help- but what d you want to know specifically??
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I know i'm being a pain and appreciate all the help. I was just thinking should I make the broody hens go out for food and water or should I just leave them alone.
              Last edited by walldanzig; 01-06-2009, 08:15 PM.

Comment

They are stupid enough not to eat and drink for several days...yup- as far as I'm concerned for their own health they should be 'distracted' to eat , drink and poo!!
                Last edited by Nicos; 01-06-2009, 09:27 PM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I left my Welsummer to get off herself. She came out every couple of days or so or sometimes daily. She is way too narky to mess with her so I left her to her own devices. And yes, she did do one enormous poo whilst outside.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X