Treats

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frias
    I found out the hard way not to get too close when I give them porridge, get covered!

Just wait till the strawberry season starts, they'll kill for a strawberry and they love blackberries too.

Sue

Comment

Thank's everyone, that's great. Can't wait to try yogurt with camera at the ready!

Comment

I'm not sure if it was wrong or not, but I had some left over baguette this morning and some tinned tomatoes from breakfast... so I let the bread soak up the juice and slipped some into the run for them to have a nosh at.

They seemed to like it, but I didn't want to give them too much incase it upset them.
        Think it was about a table spoon per chook.

Comment

We have some ex batts that arrived on Saturday(18/04).
          Sunday I was in the garden and pulled a few worms out of the compost bin and it really livened them up. They started pecking at them and when they'd gone they were busy searcinhg for more.

Comment

A whole sweetcorn hung on a rope brings glee to the chooks and it's very funny watching them bash there heads together as they jump for the swinging corn.......and miss!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My girls had a lovely brekkie this morning....wheetabix with warm milk, some natural pre biotic yoghurt with a dash of honey and chopped strawberries!

They loved it...!! But...I agree with everyone else...Greens hung from the run is a winner, porridge, fruit (mine love an apple that's been stamped on!), etc etc!
              I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

my girls like to eat the slugs i pick off my veggies...not sure if they are supposed to get them but in my view, if the slugs want to wat my veg then they deserve what's coming to them!

girls also adore cold pizza, rice and left over cous-cous

Comment

Mine love mealworms, grapes etc but they do love sardines.....and crabsticks... not to often but great for a treat...

Comment

I make fresh bread every other morning and always find I have the end crust left over, going a bit hard, before the next loaf is made. Is it OK to give bread to chickens? I'm guessing not too much

Comment

Well I've tried loads of things like broccoli, spinach, banana, bread, grapes, sultana's, cabbage, porridge, yogurt and the evening corn - and all 4 chooks turned their beaks up at them, including the corn!! The only thing they like, apart from the layers mash, are mealworms and slugs!! Are they strange chooks?! Confused!

Comment

I soak it first so it's soft. They love it but I don't give it them too often.
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X