Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, you get used to it over time and also find yourself able to make instant decisions on eg: whether to pursue vets or not. 2 years for a hybrid is ok- they don't live as long as pure breeds so don't beat yourself up about it, you obviously look after your birds exceptionally well. It just happens, I know how you feel- I was gutted when our lavender pekin had a freak accident.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about Eloise, VVG. Always upsetting, but especially so after she looked so good the day before. Still she obviously had one heck of a good day before she went.
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
        Sorry to hear about Eloise, VVG. Always upsetting, but especially so after she looked so good the day before. Still she obviously had one heck of a good day before she went.
        I hope so and thank you
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• They are right, VVG. Sadly you do get used to it. I was beside myself when my first Battie died. Dozens have come and gone since then, although the worst was Nosey Rosie; the best of my first batch. She was such a huge character and was the one I've missed out of all of them. Even youngsters 'pop off' for no apparent reason, sometimes. Very sad.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• VVG,as G4 says they do become part of our lives,much more so than we realise until something sad happens
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Mr VVG and myself had a blub again today as he buried Eloïse's ashes with the other three in the garden. I'm going to make a slate headstone with daughter tomorrow. She wants to write their names on. I hope we keep these others longer otherwise we will end up with lots of little slate sculptures in the garden. I love having chooks but it rips your guts out when you lose them.
              Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 05-01-2013, 07:32 PM.
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• minus 1 - the black pekin died.so that makes~

Comment

• 2630 Petal

Comment

• 2630 minus old Mildred, buff orpington grandma. passed away in her sleep. 2629

Comment

• Nooooo not another

Comment

• its the way it goes sometimes, she had a good life.

Comment

• Plus 9 = 2638. Sorry to hear about your losses!

Comment

• 2638 minus white silkie and gold silkie, last of the silkies!!! 2636. not breeding them anymore as was horrid having to butcher so many cockerels with no utility purpose - it bothered me.

Comment

• oh, they went to a fab home!!!

Comment

• 2636 minus 3 lovely Orloff spangled bantams with suspected Mycoplasma = 2633.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X