No announcement yet.

Mrs Brown not well.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think ex-batts are about 12 months old when they come out of the battery cages but it might vary 'farmer' to 'farmer'. I was told they might only live a week but I'm sure some live for years. Hopefully someone with a really old girl will read this and let us know.
    Mine don't like Magpies either but they all lay in the nest box so Magpies only try to steal the porridge, not eggs. Glad your hens don't eat the eggs any more.
    No idea what Amber links are like. Good job I haven't got room for more!

Comment

I know this *feeling like the smug schoolgirl putting hand up - me, me

Amber Links are white, are Sussex hybrids and lay white eggs they are known to be good layers

I'm so glad Mrs Brown is feeling better, us Mrs Browns are from strong stock
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

You're doing a good job there! Well done!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Gold star for you Hayley!

Comment

My Amber link is white and lays a dark brown egg! She is a lovely friendly hen easy to pick up and always has been.
            The ex-batts have a year in cages so go in at POL so I guess would be around 18 months when we get them. I lost one after a week, a second after 5 weeks and then another one a few weeks ago so she was with me 10 months. I think we all panic over them. I'd like to think the majority will have longer out of the cage than they had in it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X