X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cockerel

hi i am trying to introduce a cockerel to my ex bats without any luck
    they are rejecting him any ideas

did you put him in a cage in their run first?

Comment

no i just puy him in the run

Comment

ok well you want to put him in the run but seperated so they can get used to him, but he's not gonna jump on them, don't forget they have never seen a cock before, then when they have stopped terrorising him through the bars, put him in the house with them at night, they are a lot more acceptable of other birds then.

have a read through a few of these, there might be a few other ideas
        introducing a cockerel to hens - Google Search

Comment

thanks lynda66 i will take your advice

Comment

They will settle down together after a few days and he'll hopefully start acting like the boss. How old is your cockerel? Has he been running with hens before?

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

I was wondering at what age to the lads start knowing what to do????

Young man Young man time for them eh???
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

why do you want a cockeral?
                My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                  why do you want a cockeral?
                  eh hem!!

*takes Maureen aside to explain the birds and bees thingy*

chicks and honey of course!
                  Vive Le Revolution!!!
                  'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                  Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                    eh hem!!

*takes Maureen aside to explain the birds and bees thingy*

*falls off chair giggling*

Comment

cockerel

Hi birdie wife
                      he's about 23 weeks he's only been running with sisters and mother.
                      thats him top right http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...m/100_1627.jpg picture 2 ex bats http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...m/100_1630.jpg
                      Last edited by tony warner; 11-11-2008, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I know what cockerals do (Lynda told me and it was really rude!!) Just wondered why you wanted one at this time of year that's all Baby chicks will be ever so cold even with mummy chook looking after them. What about the cock-a-doodle doooooooooooooooooooing?
                        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by tony warner View Post
                          Hi birdie wife
                          he's about 23 weeks he's only been running with sisters and mother.
                          thats him top left http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...m/100_1627.jpg picture 2 ex bats http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...m/100_1630.jpg
                          My eyesight is getting worse I know but I'm sure that's a rabbit on the left.

Comment

Hi frias you need to klick on to links

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                              I know what cockerals do (Lynda told me and it was really rude!!) Just wondered why you wanted one at this time of year that's all Baby chicks will be ever so cold even with mummy chook looking after them. What about the cock-a-doodle doooooooooooooooooooing?

let me draw you aside, in private, and show you the real world of chookdom!
                              life starts as a cold day old chick, headed for abuse, and use, unless you get lucky and get a fee range berth..............but thats the dream ticket, thats the golden ring on the roundabout, for the real chicken, its eggs, daily, and you had better produce, or THEY start thinking, 'can it still feed me, does it still need me', when i have cost £6.40.

revolution rears it ugly head,it was bound to happen, no race so oppressed can survive 'less it rise up and ...........lay an egg' !
                              and then the tables turned, from being slaves, they became queens, no longer did the provision of eggs rule their lifespan, now eggs were a divine blessing bestowed on ardent worshippers, now they could scratch and ruffle and be noticed!!!

NOW chickens .... from this day forward you will BE chickens, producer of egg, scratcher of ground, eater of the occasional pasta, worm conquerer, source of amusement on a wet afternoon, daft begger when the cat looks at you.

Those that worship at the alter of chickenhood will be blessed amongst nutters, thine is the chookrun, the mash and the spaghetti, for ever and ever, argghhh mud.
                              Last edited by BrideXIII; 11-11-2008, 04:15 AM.
                              Vive Le Revolution!!!
                              'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                              Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X