PALLET chicken house

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
    Just though how bloody stupid that sounds...who in their right mind would dismantle a wardrobe whilst standing inside it!?!! lol

Me!!
    but if you don't stand inside it, how do you stop the roof from falling down and bashing your shins???

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      There's one firm that sells chook houses called 'Chuckingham Palace' methinks!
      yeah? well mine will look just like it

Comment

There's one firm that sells chook houses called 'Chuckingham Palace' methinks!
        They can't call it that!!!!! How dare they! Chuckingham Palace is in my back garden, that's what I christened it even before I got my first chucks!
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

you should sue them for breach of chukkieright

Comment

Too chookin right I will!! Where is he??? Does he like hospital food?? I'll knock him into the middle of next week. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmph

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
              Too chookin right I will!! Where is he??? Does he like hospital food?? I'll knock him into the middle of next week. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmph
              lol :-)

ok todays pictures, can you tell what it is yet??

picture 1 & 2

i cut out a pop hole today, i think it's big enough, if not they'll have to duck and breathe in. put some edging round it so it's all straight, and voila

picture 3

cut a hole out for a window, and put some planks round the edge, to make it neat.

picture 4

front view of house complete with window and pop hole
              Attached Files

Comment

picture 5

also put 2 of the pallett centre pieces along the top, to level it up and make it more stable, then trimmed off the excess planks level with it.

picture 6 & 7

cut the planks on the nest box down level, before i remembered i should have done them on a slant.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey I'm dead impressed Lynda, that's looking great! Think I might get some pallets and have a go at making a bigger house myself (then I can have more chooks can't I )

Comment

Very impressive Lynda. Look forward to seeing it in it's entirity!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hey I'm dead impressed Lynda, that's looking great! Think I might get some pallets and have a go at making a bigger house myself (then I can have more chooks can't I )
                      all i've used so far is pallets and the circular saw, hammer chisel and nails ....... i definitely wouldn't be anywhere near yet without the circular saw. if i can do it anyone can ..... and i still haven't used a tape measure lol.

Comment

Very impressive Lynda. Look forward to seeing it in it's entirity!
                        me too, though unless rob and his mate can move it during the week, it probably won't be together till next weekend, as i cant actually move it lol ...... no way it's gonna blow down

Comment

oh and something i found out today, if you use a saw on your fingernail, it bleeds ....... i never thought of them doing that, i thought it was a bit weird

my neighbour leaned out of his back bedroom window tonight, asked what i was sawing, i said my chicken house ....... he said you do realise you are completely mental don't you
                          Last edited by lynda66; 03-10-2008, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I've got the pallets - think I will send Lynda a map to get to my house

Comment

i only charge £100 a day ..... mind you don'y forget as i haven't used a tape measure yet it might not actually fit together........ should be a larffff

Comment

I personnally think the longer you can go without a tape measure the better!!I used to do a lot of dressmaking~I'd lay the fabric out & lay on the floor next to it to work out where I needed to cut!!My worst disasters always occurred when I thought I'd try the grown up approach of a tape measure!
                                It's looking good BTW!
                                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X