No announcement yet.

Two chickens and a dog

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of all enjoy them they are real de-stressers!! will make you chuckle every day.
    Dogs- we know someone who has chucks and a LRGE dane puppy who although is imterested runs away when they start flapping and clucking - same with our cats. Just keep an eye on them.
    WE started last summer and are now HOOKED

Comment

Thank you to you all! Your advice has been great.

We are moving the coop every 2/3 days to ensure there is a constant supply of grass under the girls feet. By the looks of things I may not need to mow the lawn too often this year. And we have tried different types of greens to find out their favourite. We have found the girls a complete pleasure, so relaxing and easy to look after. I am now looking to get another two as it was mentioned about them being flock birds. We have also kept the coop clean and prepared for spider mite.

With regards to the dog issue. We have kept a close eye on our hound and first of all introduced her to the smell of the girls, progressing on to looking at them through the wire of the coop. Vice versa too for the girls. We are now able to take her out into the garden with the girls roaming about. As suggested we have started with a firm no if any interest is shown. There is still hope for a co-operative summer ahead.

Thanks again.

Comment

That's great ntg, hope it all works out really well for you.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Well, im more of a duck person meself, but i got you a link to a book.Amazon.co.uk: Starting with Chickens (Starting with ...): Katie Thear: Books
          Qwerty

Save the earth- its the only planet with campervans!

Comment

I would just keep your dog out by giving your chooks a good high run

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X