No announcement yet.

Broad bean infestation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't seem to have much rust on the pods the black/brown marks are where the snails had eaten into them. A couple of the smaller plants have withered so I think they've had it, hopefully the others will survive.
    I planted my seeds indoors, they were a good 6" high when I planted them out and where my runner beans didn't do very well and I had to plant more, my broad beans thrived.
    I will plant them in a different place next year I been told it's not good to keep growing things in the same place all the time so I will move things around each year.

Comment

I planted some beans inside and some straight into the ground, both are the same size and producing, the variety is The Sutton", a small plant that I have to say isn't my favourite to eat. Will try another type next year, not sure what yet, any recommendations people?

Comment

I grew The Sutton this year too - scruffy little plants, but fairly productive, the beans get very big very fast though.
        Next year I'm going back to Wizard beans, and I'm trying Superaquadulce for overwintering.
        He-Pep!

Comment

Red Epicure are very tasty.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X