No announcement yet.

Raised Beds Planning Help Advice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used copper tape on my beds and found it didn't work although that may be because I used the cheapest copper tape that I could find on eBay.

There have been other suggestions on this forum such as using copper scourers stretched out and also using copper grease. I am thinking of trying the scourers myself next year.
    Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

Originally posted by dilettante View Post
      I would love to have a pet hedgehog. I'm hoping I can encourage some frogs to hang around over the winter. I've seen a couple these last few months. Both times I've been on my allotment I've seen frogs, but also found hundreds of slug eggs in the soil, so I have no idea how well they're doing at controlling the slugs.

What do slug eggs look like?
      Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

not quite so big as cooked tapioca

Comment

Small white spherical eggs. Basically:

Attached Files

Comment

The slug eggs I find are yellow,they look like slow release plant food,except when you squash them they squirt a liquid. In the spring when I'm taking the top few inches of compost out the pots,I find loads,so I lay them all out by my bird feeding area.

Comment

found this on utube , its like an electric fence for slugs and snails but I would use copper wire as its a better conductor and it wont rust. It will however oxidise but unsure if that would effect it that much.

this should have a belt and braces effect as if the copper doesnt drive them away the shock will

82.6% of people believe any statstic!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X