No announcement yet.

Newbies - post your one-offs here

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, do you mean those woven wicker type baskets that I've seen them collecting fruit in, on TV?
    Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

Yes Pa, thats the attractive trug/basket used by gardeners and flower arrangers - often ladieees in flowing frocks. On here however, trug usually means those brightly coloured flexible plastic bucket shaped things with two handles used for lugging stuff around and any one of a million other uses. Everyone needs at least 10, in a variety of colours!
      PS, Welcome to the Club!!

Comment

Have we had thinning yet? I think Kaiya's idea of putting a list in one place is a good one, otherwise I can see this question coming up quite often.

Thinning - taking out some seedlings around one so it can grow better without competition.

When I first found that out, I cringed, couldn't stand the thought of killing seedlings. And I still can't bring myself to do it. I wait for them to get big enough to transplant, and if that results in some fatalities, at least I tried!

Comment

Originally posted by jdlondon View Post
          I think Kaiya's idea of putting a list in one place is a good one, otherwise I can see this question coming up quite often.
          This IS in one place....not sure what you mean.

Comment

On one post so people don't have to search a whole thread, like maybe edit your initial first post to add suggestions. I realise it's more work for the editor of that post though - at which point I start thinking having it editable by anyone, like a wiki, would save time and effort. But open to abuse, of course.

And I sound so tech savvy but I'm really, really not! I'll shut up now.

Comment

Originally posted by jdlondon View Post
              On one post so people don't have to search a whole thread, like maybe edit your initial first post to add suggestions. I realise it's more work for the editor of that post though - at which point I start thinking having it editable by anyone, like a wiki, would save time and effort. But open to abuse, of course.

And I sound so tech savvy but I'm really, really not! I'll shut up now.
              If someone wants to cut and paste them all into one post I'm happy to merge it or copy it into the first one. Problem is when people say 'perhaps this could happen' they usually don't mean themselves doing it! So if you or Kaiya or someone else wants to volunteer that would be grand.

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
                If you see this in your garden, dig it out and burn it! Don't compost. It is the root of the dreaded bindweed and I have just pulled loads out of one of my borders Grrrrr - bleddy stuff
                oh...so THAT's bindweed.

Took me several days to pull it out of my garden bed, and I am positive I missed some.
                My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                Revelation 22:2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X