No announcement yet.

keyhole garden compost

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, definitely not an open mouth! I hate maggots too - like fat grains of rice. Yukk!!!

Comment

Used to be terrified of them. Still won't touch them with bare hands but after having to deal with fly struck rabbits the need to save the rabbit overwhelms the "argh no!" factor and (gloved) fingers are better than forceps at grabbing them. Persistant beggars though - not even ethanol or antiseptic kills them before they can crawl out of the pot. However squashing or cutting things in half makes me dance about in a very girlie way, even for a girl.
      Proud member of the Nutters Club.
      Life goal: become Barbara Good.

Comment

And I'm pretty sure trying to save my parrot played a big part in my fear now - when I was a kid, hugged my sick parrot while it was getting examined, and next thing I know, where it was pressed against me, my top was covered in hundreds of small crawling things. I don't remember anything more after that.... terror-induced amnesia, methinks!

Comment

^ how/why was the bird allowed to get like that?
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I can't remember, I must have been six, seven, something like that. Lived in this place that was basically a makeshift animal shelter in the middle of Nowhere, Tropics, had everything from baby lizards and rats to a cow and calf and I'm pretty sure it was a rescue too, since I can't remember buying any of my pets until my Yorkie here. I'm sure it survived though, I have memories of trying to teach it and the myna bird to say stuff. Never succeeded.

Comment

Why would you want to teach your birds to say "Stuff"?

Comment

*snort* Don't quit yer dayjob!

Comment

Originally posted by jdlondon View Post
                  *snort* Don't quit yer dayjob!
                  I did years ago! And the night job didn't pay!

Comment

I have memories of trying to teach it and the myna bird to say stuff. Never succeeded.
                    Wow. I can't get mine to shut up

Comment

Adorable and awesome - I've seen their mimic capabilities before in nature docs, but it never fails to be mindboggling. You're so lucky! Despite the no-shutting-up!

Mine was a smallish green one, no idea what species, so maybe it was the wrong type for talking.

Comment

Mine was a smallish green one
                        I have one of those too ! He has a vocab of about six words: "good boy", "hello", "kiss kiss" and some that we've both forgotten

Comment

Oh god, so mad! *g*

And you've succeeded in making me absolutely pine with envy. I need to look into getting some pets again, or hell, pet singular even, but I really didn't think it fair to subject them to apartment-living.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X